Facebook has changed my message board life.

genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I used to be on here all the time. I have to admit that I am addicted to FB.
But....

Does anyone else find themselves wanting to "like" peoples posts?
the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zabzab Posts: 78
    zab likes this.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    genevieve wrote:
    But....

same...and yes :oops: :shifty:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The Internet in general is addicting I suppose, but I think Twitter is more fun than Facebook. It's much more informative and I could really care less about what's going on in certain friends' lives nor could they care less about what restaurant or bar I checked in at.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    genevieve wrote:
    But....

same...and yes :oops: :shifty:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I run a message board and once MySpace came along and especially since Facebook our traffic has gone to hell. It's a muuuuch smaller board than this one and now we're lucky to get a few posts a day. It really sucks. It kinda makes me not want to keep paying the server bill.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    genevieve wrote:
    But....

yes on the like. It would be nice to have that here. :) Used to be addicted to FB when I was first on it.. now, not so much. Maybe I should dispose of some of my friends.. :lol: get so tired of hearing every move of every day (by one in particular).. But, that's just me..
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    genevieve wrote:

no. however, i did report your post
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    marcos wrote:
    The Internet in general is addicting I suppose, but I think Twitter is more fun than Facebook. It's much more informative and I could really care less about what's going on in certain friends' lives nor could they care less about what restaurant or bar I checked in at.
    I find this post interesting. Isnt twitter generally the same thing, but instead your following the happenings in the life of a complete stranger?
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • actually the complete opposite happened to me

as soon as I joined here, i have used other sites like twitter, facebook especially, much less.

I much prefer this board (most of the time) to Facebook or Twitter - I used to like it , but now I just use Facebook for contacting people if I need to.
    marcos wrote:
    I find this post interesting. Isnt twitter generally the same thing, but instead your following the happenings in the life of a complete stranger?

I think it's more interesting to follow a complete stranger sometimes :lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i dont like Twitter
    Facebook is to communicate faster with friends..i have it only for pj stuff...i dont come alot in the forum here as well :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    marcos wrote:

It's all relative of who you are "following" and who is your Facebook friend. People still use twitter to tweet the same useless bullshit that they would in a Facebook status update. They are both pretty much the same.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    marcos wrote:

It's all relative of who you are "following" and who is your Facebook friend. People still use twitter to tweet the same useless bullshit that they would in a Facebook status update. They are both pretty much the same.
    :lol::lol: true.."im with mom for shopping" :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I think it's more interesting to follow a complete stranger sometimes :lol:

I completely agree, strangers / celebrities have much more interesting things to say. But I don't follow Ashton Kuthcher or Lady Ga Ga so I'm not a complete douche. But certain authors or comedians have some really funny stuff to say. And magazines and newspapers use it to post some interesting blurbs that I might not otherwise have the time to get to. And sometimes people share too much info on Facebook, twitter is limited and the twit pic thing is so much cooler then the whole album thing on Facebook.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I run a message board and once MySpace came along and especially since Facebook our traffic has gone to hell. It's a muuuuch smaller board than this one and now we're lucky to get a few posts a day. It really sucks. It kinda makes me not want to keep paying the server bill.
    I've seen this with message boards that I used to enjoy. They used to be busy and now they have slowed to a crawl. I can go for days without checking in because so few people are posting.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    My facebook wall looks like this:

Dimitrispearljam has added "So and So as a freind"

2 hours later

3 hours later

2 hours later

3 hours later

i look at their infos..if they have the 2 magic words in,i add all....my facebook is only for pj stuff...my personal life isnt in... ;)
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203

2 hours later

3 hours later

See this is a prime example of a post I would love to "like". LOL
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    I am on the staff of a pretty large board, and although our traffic is not what it once was, it's still pretty decent. Facebook is good for short little pieces of running commentary (assuming you'd want to read that about your friends) but the character limit there sort of precludes you being able to post anything of real value.

I use Facebook - I keep up with my RL friends past and present, and I'm in a music video club of sorts on there and that is fun. Pearl Jam is my favorite band, but it's not the only band I like. And this music club is great because everyone posts bands they like, new 'finds', etc...and you really get acquainted with some decent new bands.

I don't use Twitter - I'm on there, but to me, most of what comes across my Twitter feed is spam and idle chatter. So 'meh' on that!

I do sometimes feel the need for a 'like' button on boards though! :lol:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I like facebook because i keep in touch with BostonLou, FinsburyParkCarrots, PastaNazi, and other very cool PJ people I've *met* over the years.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    genevieve wrote:

2 hours later

3 hours later

See this is a prime example of a post I would love to "like". LOL
    :lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,583
    not really. facebook is more for my "real life" friends. no offense to you fine folks but i've only met a couple of you in person. ;) . i do like the pj page though.

it is interesting that you posted this today. i just read an article that said for the first time ever facebook has had 2 back to back slow months in terms of new membership/losing members. in a few years i wouldn't be shocked if it ends up in the same position as myspace.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited June 2011
    not really. facebook is more for my "real life" friends. no offense to you fine folks but i've only met a couple of you in person. ;) . i do like the pj page though.

it is interesting that you posted this today. i just read an article that said for the first time ever facebook has had 2 back to back slow months in terms of new membership/losing members. in a few years i wouldn't be shocked if it ends up in the same position as myspace.

its good for the pj material...your comeback video was not only sweet..but very timely the other night
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,583

its good for the pj material...you're comeback video was not only sweet..but very timely the other night

cool.

also--nice to see ed not fuck up the lyrics in that one :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    not really. facebook is more for my "real life" friends. no offense to you fine folks but i've only met a couple of you in person. ;)

agreed...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    not really. facebook is more for my "real life" friends. no offense to you fine folks but i've only met a couple of you in person. ;)

agreed...

join ya girl...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The 81 wrote:

agreed...

join ya girl...

you can't find me :?:

i'm on there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

join ya girl...

you can't find me :?:

i'm on there.

i don't know ur name ..... how can i find you

i don't know ur name ..... how can i find you

just start going door to door asking. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg