Who is your favorite comedian?

Comments

• CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    The second I saw this thread I was going to say Brian Regan, then opened it up and he was the first one mentioned :) . The greatest of course is Richard Pryor and then George Carlin but Brian Regan is funny as hell and somehow does it all without being dirty which takes some serious talent :lol:

Redd Fox, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock and David Brenner are also some of the more legendary ones.
  • Louis CK is my favorite. I've seen him a few times over the years.

It's tough to pick just one comedian, but there are several that are still alive that are very good.

1. Louis CK
    2. Brian Regan
    3. Stephen Lynch
    4. Jim Norton
    5. Jerry Seinfeld

Carlin and Cosby are two of the best ever (I know Cosby's still alive and still tours but I don't think of him as a "current" comedian. "Himself" is one of the best specials ever, though).

On the subject of comedians, I really like Patrice O'Neal, too and I hope he gets better soon.
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759

On the subject of comedians, I really like Patrice O'Neal, too and I hope he gets better soon.

Just hearing him laugh is hilarious.. I sure hope he pulls through.. The lack of updates scares me though.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mitch Hedberg hands down!

"Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load shit into a truck."

:lol::lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I like Howie Mandel alot. If you have a chance to see him live do it...and hope and pray for a heckler. He is an absolute master of ripping someone apart that trys to one up him.
  • Unfortunately, Regan was bumped because Herman Cain's interview went long. Too bad, because he's an amazing comedian. "I Walked on the Moon" is terrific.
    Brian Regan is on Letterman tonight, for anyone that wants to laugh. :mrgreen:
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

• CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Bill Burr.

This guy!

Also Chris Rock makes me LMAO....
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Gotta be Louis CK
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Carey wrote:
    Bill Burr.

This guy!

You ever check out Bill Burr's monday morning podcast? Funny shit...pretty much him ranting for an hour every week.
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I did not know about the Bill Burr podcast, I should check it out! Every once in a while I check his schedule to see if he will be in the midwest, but I have only been able to catch him once. Thanks for the heads up!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • In no particular order...

- Bob Newhart
    - Eddie Izzard
    - Steven Wright
    - Sam Kinison
    - George Carlin

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Brian Regan is on Letterman tonight, for anyone that wants to laugh. :D
    My last message to you ~

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYVuc9YnXwI

seeing one of my favorites tonight: Dave Attell
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    davidtrios wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYVuc9YnXwI

seeing one of my favorites tonight: Dave Attell

Thanks you for that. I've seen Dave 2 or 3 times and he's awesome.

I'm a big fan of Brian Regan as well.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    What no Bernie Mac?

funny as hell.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWEIL1pV ... re=related
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    anthony jeselnik's special last night on comedy central was pretty good:

he said he met a former priest on the flight to chicago to film the special. he said he was kicked out of the catholic church bc he molested a kid. AS then said he was truly the coolest person he had ever met....if he could forget the jesus thing.

:lol:
  • I probably already posted this back in 1983 when this thread started, but Mitch Hedberg is my favorite.

I've been looking for some good comedians. There's tons on nextflix streaming, but i havent explored them yet. Got Richard Prior lined up in my que list.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    Louis CK is my absolute favorite, and I finally got to see him live last week. He just operates on a whole different level than other comedians out there right now. He's a master.
    supadupa wrote:
    Louis CK is my absolute favorite, and I finally got to see him live last week. He just operates on a whole different level than other comedians out there right now. He's a master.

love this comic too, youre very lucky to have seen him...
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    In no special order:

Jon Stewart, Bill Bailey and Swedish Carl Einar Häckner
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    In the next few months I'll get to see Doug Stanhope, Kyle Kinane, Tig Notaro, and Maria Bamford all practically perform in my backyard. I'm such a lucky comedy nerd.
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Richard Pryor
    George Carlin
    Louis Black
    And a female Artist I can't remember,
    But I think Her last name is Maloney.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Gotta throw in Bill Cosby to my list. So, so funny. "Himself" is legendary.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Jim Gaffigan or Nick Swardson
    My butt itches!
  • Dane Cook is a funny fucker
    Eddie Murphy used to be a funny fucker

Kenny Bania?
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Dane Cook is a funny fucker
    Eddie Murphy used to be a funny fucker

Kenny Bania?

Yup closet Bania fan
    My butt itches!