Travelling tips to Austria?

clotam200mgclotam200mg Posts: 45
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Is here anyone from Austria who would like to give some travelling tips to a fellow pearl jam fan :)

We're travelling there in August and the idea was to rent a car and drive around. I once visited Großglockner with a car and that was something special. I wonder if there's other places like that? Also interested in good food and beer/wines. i like art and historical museums. I pretty much like everything, so any tips are welcome. :)
I wanna rock n' roll all night and part of every day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    contact Christoph ,he will help you

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=293571
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Thanks Dimitris
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Plenty of mountains & generally beautiful nature around...I'd suggest staying in Innsbruck for a few days, very nice town, and the surroundings have a lot to offer if you're into hiking, mountain-biking, etc.

As you mentioned going there in August, there's an awesome music festival I can recommend: www.frequency.at don't know if you like any of the bands playing, but the atmosphere there is really awesome, it's near a river & just an hour's drive away from Vienna.

Aand you can't miss out on Vienna. :D I really love this city. Lots of museums with different exhibitions, you can find a list here: http://www.wien.gv.at/english/culture/m ... index.html :) If the weather's nice, a boat ride on the Danube is also quite an experience. Can't think of anything else right now, just ask if you need more info. :)
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I would make sure you visit Innsbruck. That was my favorite city in Europe for a long while. It has a small town feel, but has the amenities of a large city. Close to skiing as well, public bus took me to a mountain about 30 minutes away.
  • Thanks for the tips. This time Vienna is probably not on the list. I'm sure it's worth a trip of its own. The idea was to find these nice little towns and villages along with the mountains. I love these serpentine roads and I was hoping there would be other places similar to Großglockner. Innsbruck is a must then :D .
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    salzburg is quite picturesque with mountainviews ... i find vienna was underwhelming compared to most european cities ... although, if you go there ... the must-see place is this ... http://www.kunsthauswien.com/en

truth be told tho ... salzburg and vienna were the only two spots i hit in austria ...