Harmonica Help.

LifeWasted.LifeWasted. Posts: 33
edited June 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, I'm attempting to learn how to play the harmonica and I am not sure which to get since I am a beginner.
I did some research and Hohner seems to be a very good brand.
I was wondering if anyone could help me choose a harmonica that would be best to start with and would last.

Thanks!! :)
All five horizons revolved around her soul.
As the earth to the sun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I recently "borrowed" my dad's old Hohner to try and learn harmonica. That thing has to be at least 30 years old and still sounds great, so I'd say go with a Hohner, but I'm no expert :D
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    my first, and so far only, harp is a hohner. it did me no wrong as a beginner.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I use a "Melissa & Doug"s brand :shock: it sounds just fine to me...I wouldn't know the difference
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I always used Hohners when I was in a Stones Tribute band....for the price, they sound the best and keep their sound. there are better ones out there at a much higher price, but Hohners are a great place to start.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    Hohner Marine Bands are the only brand I've ever played. If you're looking for your first one, and want to play some PJ stuff (Driftin, Hide Your Love Away, Harvest Moon), then go with a key of G.