NY City Absurdities

PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Cyclist Gets $50 fine in NYC and then parodies the situation. Funny! Plus my guest blog.
http://bluerubyrider.blogspot.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,375
    Ive said it time and time again. Bike riders should also be ticketed for not stopping at stop signs, illegal lane changes and every other moving violation that a car driver can be ticketed for. The way you feel about all that shit in your bike lane is how we feel about you in our car lanes! :lol:
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    that was awesome and I fully support that dude. Hes doing the world a favour riding his bike and he gets ticketed.....I loved that last guy smashing in to the policecar :clap: He was in the bike lane :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,968
    Ive said it time and time again. Bike riders should also be ticketed for not stopping at stop signs, illegal lane changes and every other moving violation that a car driver can be ticketed for. The way you feel about all that shit in your bike lane is how we feel about you in our car lanes! :lol:

Cyclists do get ticketed for those things. People feel free to block bike lanes, walk in them, put signs in them, and open their car doors in them all the time. People don't do the same with the vehicle lanes (they aren't "car lanes" and in many states bikes are legally vehicles). Bikes can be in the lane with cars legally, cars can't be in the bike lane legally. If you can't tell, this issue gets my undies in a bunch!
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,375
    Go Beavers wrote:

Cyclists do get ticketed for those things. People feel free to block bike lanes, walk in them, put signs in them, and open their car doors in them all the time. People don't do the same with the vehicle lanes (they aren't "car lanes" and in many states bikes are legally vehicles). Bikes can be in the lane with cars legally, cars can't be in the bike lane legally. If you can't tell, this issue gets my undies in a bunch!

Im all for bikes to be in a lane with a car legally. Legally means following all the same rules....stopping at stop signs is my number one gripe. I'll be approaching a 4 way stop, clearly stop and as I proceed to pass through, a bicycle will blow right on by and then call me the asshole for not allowing him the right of way.
    :roll:
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    True story. My best friend was in the task force & assigned to ticket cyclists on 6 Ave who went through red lights. The 2 officers 5 blocks north & south of him both gave out over 50 tickets each that day. The "only" ticket he gave out is when the cyclist started yelling at him right away, maybe it was his 2nd ticket in 3 minutes :roll: . Needless to say his next assignment was a detail in alphabet city ( very, very bad neighborhood in those days) for a week............... :lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    Go Beavers wrote:

Im all for bikes to be in a lane with a car legally. Legally means following all the same rules....stopping at stop signs is my number one gripe. I'll be approaching a 4 way stop, clearly stop and as I proceed to pass through, a bicycle will blow right on by and then call me the asshole for not allowing him the right of way.
    :roll:

I hear ya, I've seen many stupid maneuvers by cyclists. The problem I have when drivers see that from cyclists, they then lump all cyclists together and then adopt the attitude of "I'll respect cyclists when they respect the laws", where when a car drives illegally, they shrug it off and put them in the category of "stupid driver".
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    tis true that there are a lot of dumbass cyclists. I cant stand it when they run red lights or fly in between cars wheneveryone is at a red light or something. Lots respect the rules of the road too....the bad apples make it worse for the rest. Alot of the guys and girls they are probably ticketing in NY though are probably bicycle couriers right
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    yeah...bicyclists in Seattle...you got your freaking 'bike lane'...right next to the right driving lane...use your hand signals! I don't know when you're gonna blow the red light and turn left, or not even bother to stop at a red light...when my light is green, I'm off the line pretty fast...I don't need a new hood ornament.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    I don't think anyone advocates for cycling more than I do. I am not an urban cyclist but rather an endurance road cyclist and first year racer. I don't use a bike to commute or get around the city. While I commend people who are able and willing to do so, I believe they need to follow the road rules, stay in the lane and obey traffic signals. As much as I love cycling I can't tell you how many of them I've cursed our in NYC.

As the video points out, it works both ways so keep the bike lanes clear.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yeah...bicyclists in Seattle...you got your freaking 'bike lane'...right next to the right driving lane...use your hand signals! I don't know when you're gonna blow the red light and turn left, or not even bother to stop at a red light...when my light is green, I'm off the line pretty fast...I don't need a new hood ornament.

The problem with bike lanes alongside parked cars is that you have to leave a minimum of 3 feet between you and the parked car, because drivers like to open their doors without checking their mirror. Having a door swing open in front of you isn't much fun. If you leave room for the "door zone" that usually puts you on the line or to the left of the line, depending on the width of the bike lane. Some cyclists have issue with bike lanes all together, feeling that it decreases safety, because when drivers see what they perceive as their lane, and bikes have their own lane, they drive faster and with less awareness. Depending on the street, if there is no bike lane, when a car approaches from behind, it's more confusing/ambiguous, and then the driver slows down and is more cautious.

Seattle tends to see a more hardcore group of cyclists because of the hills (more so downtown).
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    $150 ticket for double parking, for seconds, while i dropped off my girlfriend in front of her house in Maspeth. Captain cocksucker blocked traffic down the block for 15 minutes processing the ticket. Blow me 104 precinct!
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

around here they just ride on the wrong side of the road :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg