Options

*** The Pizza Thread ***

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Hubby owns a pizzeria so yeah we have pizza sometimes. :D. Tonight I had pesto with Roma tomatoes and feta. Was so yummy! Crispy thin crust. Good thing it's all gone so I can't have another slice.

Where's his place at in dirty jersey, Im always looking for new places in jersey with awesome pizza!
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Pizza sliders from Pizza Hut....they're okay.

I like the delivery drivers for them out here. polite as fuck

I remember when I was going to college we ordered pizza at like 1 AM. When the delivery guy showed up we invited him in for a bong hit, he obliged and then continued on his way. That was his tip. :lol:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

I remember when I was going to college we ordered pizza at like 1 AM. When the delivery guy showed up we invited him in for a bong hit, he obliged and then continued on his way. That was his tip. :lol:

:lol::lol:

I would've obliged back in my pizza delivery days too. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I had the Cheesy Crust pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut for dinner last night.

I had two Imodium A-D for breakfast this morning.

Coincidence???

:think:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    Jason P wrote:

Coincidence???

Definitely NOT. (what were you thinking?? :lol: )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

I should start doing that. Some of these toppers dudes look like they need a little extra cheese :lol:
  • Options
    I am really liking these super thin crust frozen pizzas that are getting more popular these days. Normally I despise frozen pizza - it's terrible; the crust is revolting. It's not delivery INDEED. But the ultra thin crusts from McCain (surprisingly), Dr Oetker, and Buitoni are really delicious!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Coincidence???

Definitely NOT. (what were you thinking?? :lol: )
    I avoid Pizza Hut 99% of the time because their pies are made of processed pre-made crap (even the crap is half fillers) soaked in grease ... but allure of vast amounts of cheese was too tempting ...

My tummy paid the ultimate price ... :sick:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I am really liking these super thin crust frozen pizzas that are getting more popular these days. Normally I despise frozen pizza - it's terrible; the crust is revolting. It's not delivery INDEED. But the ultra thin crusts from McCain (surprisingly), Dr Oetker, and Buitoni are really delicious!

Ehhhhhh

Ehhhhhhh
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Ehhhhhh

Ehhhhhhh
    They are! :x
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Ehhhhhh

Ehhhhhhh

Go Roma or go home :lol:

Worst pizza sauce ever :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Ehhhhhh

Ehhhhhhh

The best pizza, of course, comes from local family owned pizzerias or family owned Greek restaurants. But delivery is expensive and you have to order so much. Now that I've found a couple edible kinds of frozen pizzas, I can spend $6 when I have a pizza craving at home instead of ordering and eating left over pizza for 3 days. :thumbup:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The best pizza, of course, comes from local family owned pizzerias or family owned Greek restaurants. But delivery is expensive and you have to order so much. Now that I've found a couple edible kinds of frozen pizzas, I can spend $6 when I have a pizza craving at home instead of ordering and eating left over pizza for 3 days. :thumbup:

The locally owned places here are shit.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That's too bad. I have 3 family owned places right near me, and all are fucking incredible. And they deliver home-made BBQ chicken and Ribs and stuff like that too.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Even Pizza Plus???
  • Options

How to prepare a Roma pizza

1. Preheat over to 425
    2. Remove packaging
    3. Place pizza in the trash
    4. Eat the cardboard insert.

Trust me, its better this way.
  • Options

How to prepare a Roma pizza

1. Preheat over to 425
    2. Remove packaging
    3. Place pizza in the trash
    4. Eat the cardboard insert.

Trust me, its better this way.

:lol:

That is about right
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Damn you Travel Channel. Might have to hop the train to go get some good Pizza today.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Damn you Travel Channel. Might have to hop the train to go get some good Pizza today.

Well, did ya??
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I had pizza for dinner tonight, with chicken, spinach and erm corn
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options

Well, did ya??
    No. I forgot had a baby appointment at 3:00.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    July..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

Well, did ya??
    No. I forgot had a baby appointment at 3:00.

you're pregnant?
  • Options
    Something happened a few weeks ago when the Chicago Crew came up. It gets all kinds of fuzzy after about 8pm I think?
    I do remember they didn't bring me a pizza. :fp:
  • Options
    I am glad it is finally spring, well we are suppose to get snow tonight, but if feels like spring today and this weekend is supposed to be nice. Anyway, I can start grilling some pita pizzas again!! :D They dont work that well on the grill in winter. Don't get that oven effect. Too damn cold. Plus I have a cheap grill.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    lunch in 30 min :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I am glad it is finally spring, well we are suppose to get snow tonight, but if feels like spring today and this weekend is supposed to be nice. Anyway, I can start grilling some pita pizzas again!! :D They dont work that well on the grill in winter. Don't get that oven effect. Too damn cold. Plus I have a cheap grill.

Sounds delicious. Recipe?
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    bluegrace wrote:

Sounds delicious. Recipe?

I generally make chicken pizzas. For the grill I use pitas, naan or anything similar. I generally make 3 different kinds, Barbecue, buffalo and pesto. First two are easiest. Use barbecue sauce and Franks buffalo sauce in place of tomato sauce. I usually dice the chicken raw and cook in the frying pan. I put Feta on top of the sauce for all three and just top with chicken, mozzarella, red onion and jalapeno. Careful, bread burns easily. I turn one side off and heat the grill up like an oven. Put the bread on the side without direct heat and rotate it to cook evenly.

Pesto pizza is simply too just more ingredients. Pesto sauce, chicken, lots of feta, mozzarella, mushrooms, roasted red pepper, onion, whatever you want. I used to put pine nuts as well but they are expensive and I decided I don't really need them.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Something happened a few weeks ago when the Chicago Crew came up. It gets all kinds of fuzzy after about 8pm I think?
    Here we go!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Here we go!

What an asinine request... what? Does he want a cold fucking pizza delivered to him?