Options

Will Call - when can I collect?

ingloriousinglorious Posts: 27
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I'm hoping someone can give me a definitive answer on this...

I thankfully got tix for MSG1 (333, row D). I thought I had MSG2 also, but TM screwed me and they somehow fell through - but one night is better than nothing for sure.

As I've not been to the US before, any idea when I will be able to pick them up? Will it be the day of the gig, day before, earlier??

I also got tix to see Eddie Izzard at Radio City, and also have tickets to collect Will Call.

I'm flying over from the UK for this and am really psyched. :)
It's gonna be a great week.

And if anyone has tickets for MSG2 they're not needing - I'll consider taking them at face (and perhaps I'll bring you a little something from the UK if the seats are good??).

Rob
"If there's a sound you play that doesn't fit today,
why not just play the b'stard anyway?"
The Wildhearts
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Day of the gig, usually an hour before doors, maybe a bit longer for larger venues.. Earliest I've heard of was 12:00 noon the day of the show.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    Cheers for that, here's another question.

Would I be able to pick tickets up for both nights on the Tuesday, or would I have to queue again the next day?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    KamiKami Posts: 100
    inglorious wrote:
    I also got tix to see Eddie Izzard at Radio City, and also have tickets to collect Will Call.

i'm sorry, i don't have an answer for you, but pearl jam AND eddie izzard?!! LUCKY. YOU.

"cake or death?"
    "uhh...cake please..."
    2006 Washington D.C.
    2008 Washington D.C.
    2010 Cleveland
    2012 Philadelphia
    2013 Brooklyn 1, Baltimore
    2016 NYC 1
    2021 Ohana Encore 1
  • Options
    pearl jam AND eddie izzard?!! LUCKY. YOU.

"cake or death?"
    "uhh...cake please..."

AND it'll be my first trip to the US. It's gonna be SOOO awesome! Can't wait. :)

And in answer to the question....cake please. And may I also ask, do you have a flag??

Oh, and as a special tip from me to any New Yorkers, an amazing songwriter from England is currently living in NYC and playing at Pianos (wherever that is) on the 17th and 24th. He's called Ginger (from a band called The Wildhearts) and I'd strongly recommend going if you can - the guy's a songwriting genius.

Rob
    The Wildhearts
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    When is the Izzard show?!?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    June 27th, 28th and 29th - all Radio City.

So I'm see one of the best bands (ever) live at MSG on the Tuesday, then off to see one of the best comedians (ever) at Radio City on the Friday.

I'd been planning a trip to NY this year, but the week we picked turned out perfect.

Best of luck if you try to get tickets. I tried TM for the Friday and it was sold out. Kept trying over a week or so and suddenly got great tix for face value.
    The Wildhearts
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    You'll have enough time to get home and post them on Ebay.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    You'll have enough time to get home and post them on Ebay.

That's blatant profiteering at the expense of the genuine fan. How dare you suggest such a thing! ;)
    The Wildhearts
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,841
    welcome to the states.......ya can't go wrong with izzard and PJ in one week. eddie izzard's also got three shows at the orpheum in boston.......if i wasn't so poor from all the concerts already I would have died to see him, but i gotta draw the line somewhere. Radiohead twice, Pearl Jam twice plus Bonnaroo coming up have got me spent.

Welcome to the States, you will love NYC. Take in a sporting event of some sort while you're there.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II