I would have kept it....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43340166/ns ... hicago_il/

Sorry...
But I would have kept every dime of it...

Right or wrong..
I dont really care....
I would have kept every dime of it.....
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    $17, 201 huh?

So, the next time the ATM says it is out of money...
    I should try to take out $1?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I'm sure there were camera's outside the bank and the atm

Next at 6..speedy limping into jail
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464

I know there were cameras...

But I would have taken my chances...
    The guy hadnt used the ATM...
    He was just standing in line...

He reached down and picked up a bag....Is that a crime???
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    there was a story recently about a family that moved into a home and found trashbags full of money in the ceiling and called the former owners to give it back

how could you (as the former owner) forget that you stashed trashbags full of money in your home, and just sell it and move??
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    fuck yeah, id've just picked up the bag and walked.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08

I think it turns criminal when the bag is labeled CHASE and its outside their bank

If it was just a brown paper bag..no brainer Im keeping it !

fuck yeah, id've just picked up the bag and walked.
    Yep...

I would have waited a few weeks, if the authorities knock on my door....I hand them ALL the money.....

If a few weeks go by, and NOBODY has knocked on my door...

Well, then I have some decisions to make...hehehehehe
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i found once a wallet...was around 6000 $ in it..i go to the police station and give it to find the owner..
    my first thought was to keep it..but in the thought of feel guilts about it,i prefer not to get crazy in my mind..the bad thing was all the questions of the police..where u found it?how?u know the guy lost it,you ever have a fight with him.u ever found a wallet in the past..etc
    the good part was the guy lost the wallet gave me 1000$ as reward for find his wallet..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i found once a wallet...was around 6000 $ in it..i go to the police station and give it to find the owner..
    my first thought was to keep it..but in the thought of feel guilts about it,i prefer not to get crazy in my mind..the bad thing was all the questions of the police..where u found it?how?u know the guy lost it,you ever have a fight with him.u ever found a wallet in the past..etc
    the good part was the guy lost the wallet gave me 1000$ as reward for find his wallet..
    $6000.00??
    $6000.00 American dollars???
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

A wallet is different... But if I found a bank bag full of money, it's going home with me.

Loomis is the armored carrier that we use, I'm amazed that their employees don't lose money more often, most of them are idiots.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139

A wallet is different... But if I found a bank bag full of money, it's going home with me.

Loomis is the armored carrier that we use, I'm amazed that their employees don't lose money more often, most of them are idiots.
    i agree, if i found a wallet, i'd hand it in. but a bag......
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    $6000.00??
    yeah..it was Greek money but the cash if u do the maths was 6000$ american..the law says he had to give me the 5-10% .but he gave me almost 20%..and really felt good..cos he had the money to pay for his wife sergury..so i didnt keep the money,and i got a very good reward for that..wasnt mine in the first place.. :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

true,was like a small hand bag..bigger than wallet..but is different than a bag..
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    $6000.00??
    yeah..it was Greek money but the cash if u do the maths was 6000$ american..the law says he had to give me the 5-10% .but he gave me almost 20%..and really felt good..cos he had the money to pay for his wife sergury..so i didnt keep the money,and i got a very good reward for that..wasnt mine in the first place.. :)

you actually have a law that demands the person pay a reward? That's sweet :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    A wallet is one thing, but a random bag of money is another.

I too would have taken it.

As Speedy has said, it's not exactly "stealing"...but finding.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    The guilt would have got to me, so I would have handed it in.

I even admitted to bumping a neighbours number plate and putting a little crack in it - I had to buy them a new one, but I just wouldn't have felt right not telling them.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19636548/detail.html

This was the only article I could find...it was all a set-up...the robbers' friend worked at Walmart, told them when the Loomis guy was gonna show up to pick-up money. They got caught because the robbers bragged about the sting operation.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    WOW, today in my bar prep course we were given this exact scenario. If you ever find yourself in this situation I suggest giving it back- unless you want to be found guilty of larceny.

I am happy I was able to remember what crime would be committed here lol.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    there was a story recently about a family that moved into a home and found trashbags full of money in the ceiling and called the former owners to give it back

how could you (as the former owner) forget that you stashed trashbags full of money in your home, and just sell it and move??

former owner was dead....his heirs sold the house....new people found like 45K in ammunition containers in the attic.

i think i would have kept it. once that deed is transferred, that's it. sorry charley. my house, like alot of other houses, i'm sure came with a few presents left by the former owners. i didn't get anything good, but did get a couple of things....like yard tools, patio furniture, etc.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150

I think it turns criminal when the bag is labeled CHASE and its outside their bank

If it was just a brown paper bag..no brainer Im keeping it !

Unless you have reason to know who that brown paper bag belong to- ie you saw a person in the pizzeria minutes earlier ask the owner if they saw a missing brown bag in the area and you now see that person walking to their car.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • PapPap Posts: 28,798
    The law says he had to give me the 5-10% .
    you actually have a law that demands the person pay a reward? That's sweet :D
    Yes. That's true.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    mca47 wrote:

Exactly. I've found a wallet and returned it to the person before. I lost my wallet before and I know how much of a pain in the ass that is.

But a random bag of money??? I wouldn't have taken the money and run!
    mca47 wrote:

Exactly. I've found a wallet and returned it to the person before. I lost my wallet before and I know how much of a pain in the ass that is.

But a random bag of money??? I wouldn't have taken the money and run!

Is it randomn when it says CHASE BANK on it ?

:lol:

• I'm sure it was a bank security plastic bag, in which I say stick it to the mother fuckers. It's not like Chase hasn't take it share from every tax payer, for which their reward is being handed WaMu for pennies on the dollar. Fuck the greedy banks and the fat cats that run them. Loomis is no better either.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Karma is a bitch, and that bitch likes to bite people in the ass.

I'd have given it back because I just know, I just KNOW that bite will hurt.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    no brainer for me ... give it back ... if no one claims it - you get it anyways ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    the law says he had to give me the 5-10% .but he gave me almost 20%..
    We have a law here in the States known as "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers". :twisted: ;)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    the other day i found a wallet full of cash. lots of 50's and 20's. i turned it in to the front desk. the owner was pleased i'm sure.

why couldn't it have been in a dark alleyway or something with zero people around?

me? still broke as shit
    but my day is approaching...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    The 81 wrote:

sheesh...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln