Options

Re-living One My First PJ Experiences

Touchofgray16Touchofgray16 Posts: 639
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I tracked down a friend who has a VHS recording of the 1992 PJ MTV Unplugged and asked if I could take a peek as I'd not seen it since about 1993. I promised to handle the tape with kid gloves and was given the ok !

While watching it, I felt as if I were being transported back in time. The show reminded me how I became and why I continue to be a fan. I actually got very emotional - even cried during "Black". On the other hand, seeing the guys so young and bouncy made me laugh - a few times.
As for Ed, what can I say, he hasn't changed a bit ! Okay, he has - he's certainly matured physically, but he still has THAT something he had that day in '92 - THAT something special and endearing...THAT which I cannot quite describe. I noticed he struggled with the vocals here and there and that only made me appreciate his recent solo performances even more. His voice is so much more well-trained now.

Ultimately, seeing the tape made me prouder than ever to be a fan of this great band and I hope it never ends - at least, not in my lifetime.
"Tweet"

"Chirp"