Options

Temple Of The Dog

FansOfEdFansOfEd Posts: 12
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I Recently rediscovered how great an album Temple of the dog is. Buddy of mine remembers back in the mid 90s there was talk of a second album? Does anyone think that will happen? Has Anyone heard that before? Please tell me what you think
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    assasinassasin Posts: 61
    The album was a tribute to Andrew Wood the lead singer of Mother Love Bone. I have heard from at least 2 members of the band that they will never do any new stuff. I do know that Chris Cornell covers some of the songs and that he joined PJ on stage awhile back to play a couple songs.

Great album
  • Options
    overdosed before MLB got going.
  • Options
    RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    assasin wrote:
    overdosed before MLB got going.

?

Wrong!
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    No it was just a one off, a tribute album like people have posted.
  • Options
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_the_dog

and when I said awhile back i was referring to 1991-92
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Well, MLB had already released the Shine EP and had toured (routinely outperforming the headliner), which got them a lot of hype. So I wouldn't necessarily go as far to say that MLB never got going.

And I don't think any of the members of TOTD have any plans to reunite. It was a one-off tribute album and that's how it should stay. To give more insight on why it should stay as just a one time thing, read this web page.
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    great album, wont ever be another one though. it was a once off thing that the members all loved doing

its basically PJ as we know it today with corell rather than vedder

say hello to heaven and reach down were written by cornell first about andy wood and dealing with it, then the other songs came together when they jammed. times of trouble the music for it was written by stone, and he also used the music for footsteps.

mikes 5+ min solo for reach down is considered by him to be some of his best work ever recorded. the thing was done on his first take, and it was his first time EVER in a recording studio. half way through the solo his headphones came flying off his head cause he was into it so much, but he kept going and just nailed the second half anyway. absolutely brilliant!

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Pappas wrote:
    .mikes 5+ min solo for reach down is considered by him to be some of his best work ever recorded. the thing was done on his first take, and it was his first time EVER in a recording studio. half way through the solo his headphones came flying off his head cause he was into it so much, but he kept going and just nailed the second half anyway. absolutely brilliant!
    love that story :)

like the story of dave A. trying numerous times to nail the end of RVM & when he FINALLY gets it, he throws his sticks against the wall which you can hear in the final recording :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    itsevobaby wrote:
    love that story :)

like the story of dave A. trying numerous times to nail the end of RVM & when he FINALLY gets it, he throws his sticks against the wall which you can hear in the final recording :D
    i didnt know thats why the sound of sticks falling at the end was because of that! and i never heard the story of mike's solo either, theres just so much i dont know of the band, i learn something new everyday :)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    i didnt know thats why the sound of sticks falling at the end was because of that! and i never heard the story of mike's solo either, theres just so much i dont know of the band, i learn something new everyday :)

And after he threw the sticks, Dave punched a hole in one of his drums and threw it off a cliff behind the studio ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    BTW...Happy 44th bday Chris Cornell
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    And after he threw the sticks, Dave punched a hole in one of his drums and threw it off a cliff behind the studio ...
    daaaamn, such extremeness! no wonder he got kicked out the band.. ;)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557

I have that drum..............

I wish!! :)
  • Options
    CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
    Where's Dave??? Havent heard anything since last yearafter Stevie Sals album....
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    another cool story is how ed got to sing some of hunger strike. back in the temple days before PJ's record had come out they were practising/doing the temple songs and ed would just sit out and watch/wait so PJ could practise after. anyway while chris was working out hunger strike he originally did the whole song himself but was having trouble hitting the really low baritone type notes. on one take ed kinda just walked up to one of the mics and tried it himself, and it sounded great (obviously with his low baritone type voice), so Chris and Ed tried it again and split the song up so Chris did the high parts and Ed did the low parts, and it sounded great and thats how they recorded it!

i think from memory ed also does backing vocals to another track, possibly All night thing. anyone remember?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Pappas wrote:
    i think from memory ed also does backing vocals to another track, possibly All night thing. anyone remember?

Pushing forward back
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Well... if you think about it, Temple of the Dog did reunite, just without Chris:)