Dražen Petrović...18 years ago..

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Glad I got to see him a bunch of times with the Nets...
    Had one of those shots that you love seeing someone take..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    he was fun to watch
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    saw an ESPN documentary on him a little while back, it was really good. It seemed like when he got playing time that he was very capable.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    probably not the best european ever ... but still pretty good for his time ...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    is that really a sport :|
    cos Queen isnt watching it doesnt mean isnt a sport ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,151
    RIP Petrovic.

Let's go Nets!!!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Like losing a family member :( I'll never forget when I came home from the 6th grade and found out.....very positive role model for Croatians around the world during a difficult time in our history ( getting independence) I'm born and raised in the NY area and we went to many Nets games, especially on Croatian heritage nights. Exciting team.

My family is very much involved in the local NY Croatian community.... When Drazen passed all the Nets (Daly, Coleman, Anderson etc) all came to the Croatian community Center in Manhattan. I got to meet them and they shared with me in how Drazen was an even bigger personality than player

And he was a great player despite an earlier comment here. Maybe only Dirk is a greater European(his size has alot to do with that)

Ask MJ what he thought of Drazen, he's said on more than one occasion he was one of the best competitors and best flat out shooter he's seen

The '92 Croatian Olympic team finished with the silver to the dream team...... That was awesome to watch

RIP Drazen.... You were one of a kind
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Like losing a family member :( I'll never forget when I came home from the 6th grade and found out.....very positive role model for Croatians around the world during a difficult time in our history ( getting independence) I'm born and raised in the NY area and we went to many Nets games, especially on Croatian heritage nights. Exciting team.

My family is very much involved in the local NY Croatian community.... When Drazen passed all the Nets (Daly, Coleman, Anderson etc) all came to the Croatian community Center in Manhattan. I got to meet them and they shared with me in how Drazen was an even bigger personality than player

And he was a great player despite an earlier comment here. Maybe only Dirk is a greater European(his size has alot to do with that)

Ask MJ what he thought of Drazen, he's said on more than one occasion he was one of the best competitors and best flat out shooter he's seen

The '92 Croatian Olympic team finished with the silver to the dream team...... That was awesome to watch

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Love it...Thanks for the post....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    CROJAM95 wrote:

wow 18 years - time flies.

how good would the Yugoslavian team been if the country hadn't split? Petrovic, Divac, Radja and Kukoc all together. They were so good. Probably the best European team ever.

the 30 for 30 on ESPN about Petrovic and Divac was great but pretty sad. Nothing easy about the story between those 2 when country broke into civil war.
    pjhawks wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

wow 18 years - time flies.

how good would the Yugoslavian team been if the country hadn't split? Petrovic, Divac, Radja and Kukoc all together. They were so good. Probably the best European team ever.

the 30 for 30 on ESPN about Petrovic and Divac was great but pretty sad. Nothing easy about the story between those 2 when country broke into civil war.
    yes..was the best European National team ever :)
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Well said 8-) . Man, wasn't it great to see that 92 Olympic team do so well.

Crazy American-Croatian- Istrianist here ;) . Have you been to the Istrian club in Astoria? My pops was one of the original founding fathers.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    REALLY MISS YOU MOZART. .....
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Crazy American-Croatian- Istrianist here ;) . Have you been to the Istrian club in Astoria? My pops was one of the original founding fathers.

Yes I have :) my buddy had his engagement party there about 4 years ago..... Been there a bunch. I use to go to Astoria just about every weekend when I was in my early 20's..... Club Scorpio and all the rest. Good times.

Nice to know there are some more Croats around here ;)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Oops I didn't see this thread, bit late now but....
    RIP, a Croatian hero.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Nice to see another Croat amongst us.
    3 of us that I can name.
    Me, CroJam, and you.
    Anyone else?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014