Options

Project Alive - Collaborative Fan Video

danprovostdanprovost Posts: 8
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Hey folks, I finally finished the video I was working on, more info can be found here: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=292886

"In 2004, the Beastie Boys released a live concert documentary entitled "Awesome... I F'in Shot That." They handed out 50 minidv cameras to members of the audience, who documented the event, and everything was edited together to offer a unique perspective of the show. After seeing Pearl Jam live in Madison Square Garden on June 25, 2008, I couldn't help but notice all of the digital cameras and camera phones that surrounded me. It seemed like a similar experiment was taking place, albeit in a less official and organized manner. I searched message boards, video hosting sites, and online communities in an effort to track down as many different perspectives of this specific performance as I could. Featured above is the result, a "fan video" in the truest sense of the word."

http://www.vimeo.com/1458036
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbeRBN-OYEE

Thanks to everyone who helped out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    That was a pretty incredible video. It mustve been hard syncing the sounds with the video. Its pretty amazing how you go inspired to do such a thing.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Excellent video. Thanks for putting it together and to your collaborators for supplying the feed. :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Very nice ;)
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Boston1 2004
    Ottowa 2005
    Boston 1&2 2006
    Mansfield 1&2 2008
    Vedder Leg2-Boston 1&2 2008
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    great work :)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Thank you!! This is so awesome! I loved when the lights came on!
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    great video . I love when the lights go up and you see the fans and they're all rocking out. I hope the people at ten club see this .
  • Options
    Thank you. I felt like I was there again. It made me cry.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Nice Work.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    rojam wrote:
    Hey folks, I finally finished the video I was working on, more info can be found here: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=292886

"In 2004, the Beastie Boys released a live concert documentary entitled "Awesome... I F'in Shot That." They handed out 50 minidv cameras to members of the audience, who documented the event, and everything was edited together to offer a unique perspective of the show. After seeing Pearl Jam live in Madison Square Garden on June 25, 2008, I couldn't help but notice all of the digital cameras and camera phones that surrounded me. It seemed like a similar experiment was taking place, albeit in a less official and organized manner. I searched message boards, video hosting sites, and online communities in an effort to track down as many different perspectives of this specific performance as I could. Featured above is the result, a "fan video" in the truest sense of the word."

http://www.vimeo.com/1458036
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbeRBN-OYEE

Thanks to everyone who helped out!
    THAT was freakin AMAZING!!!!! I need to see a show together with that dude in the orange rockin out like nobody's business!!!!!! :D Thanks for taking the time to do this for our viewing pleasure!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    that is fucken great!!!
    cheers :D:D:D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    woooaaa..... awesome.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    Totally kicking butt man. Great work!!!
  • Options
    Really nice video.

Am slowly working on something similiar but with 5-15 songs spread out over the last tour. Posted a thread here in june but It got deleted by mods. But now maybe I shouldn't bother, your video is really nice!

If I continue thru with it, depending on the material I get, maybe this could be included? Nice video anyways!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Awesome video :)

Great job !

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ