First time selling on eBay...need help on how to post

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
As the title says, first time selling on eBay and I don't know what to do. Any eBay experts here offer to help me? I'm putting up my copy of Radiohead's "The King of Limbs" on vinyl; trying to earn some money for a trip to LA in the summer. I know it won't go for much, but any additional cash will help.

Help!
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it's easy to sell...just click the sell button and fill out the screens that pop up...

i do believe ebay needs your CC on file so that they can bill you your fee's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Click on sell and then sell an item and start filling it out, like 81 says
    They also have a "how to sell" help thing too
    Make sure you have a picture but I think it costs money after you have more than two or something

And then fill out the details that you want people to see before they bid etc.etc.
    And there'll be the option on whether you want to put a reserve price and what the starting price is going to be and how long it'll last for - it's all quite simple as long as you read everything clearly first. You can always edit afterwards I think.

Good luck
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The 81 wrote:
    it's easy to sell...just click the sell button and fill out the screens that pop up...

I didn't know you have to pay a fee to sell stuff.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

:lol:

genearlly, it's a small fee to list something, and then a final valuation fee which is a % of the selling price.

typically between paypal fee's and ebay fee's, you are looking at ~10% cost. ebay doesn't charge any feee's on shipping, so push that amount up a bit to save a few pennies...but ebay has gotten smart and limites shipping fee's on alot of items now which is bullshit, as it sometimes cost more to ship tahn what they allow you to charge.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    Newch91 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

yes there is a fee based upon the way you sell things, options basically
    it is easy though, just go through the screens
    just remember to set a reserve price, otherwise you are contractually bound to sell the item if someone bids
    overestimate the shipping cost, they dont charge you a fee for stating a higher than usual shipping cost and that is one way sellers make a few bucks without paying a commission
    I'm such a newb at this.

So I can just set a selling price and add the "Buy It Now" button to it?
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm such a newb at this.

you can add a reserve (it has to meet this price to sell) or a buy it now button with a set price.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm such a newb at this.

you can add a reserve (it has to meet this price to sell) or a buy it now button with a set price.
    Ok. So I can set a bidding price at $15 and a Buy It Now price at $20?
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Newch91 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm such a newb at this.

Ok. So I can set a bidding price at $15 and a Buy It Now price at $20?
    Yeah, that will work. Lots of Buy It Now listings are done that way.

If you can weigh the item you sell (including the box and any packing you'll use), you can let the ebay calculator figure out the shipping, although it doesn't always work accurately. You can also include a handling charge if it's nominal, like $2. The reason ebay cracked down on shipping charges is because lots of people used to pad their auctions with outrageous charges. It was common for listings like a $.99 CD plus $20 shipping and handling. You can't do that anymore.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
This discussion has been closed.