Dallas Mavericks Vs. Miami Heat

PapPap Posts: 28,798
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Go Peja!

Stojakovic.JPG
foto_84.jpg
PAOK-PAO1997-98.jpg

He acquired Greek citizenship in 1993 when he joined PAOK in Greece. Peja, as he was called during his time in PAOK, scored a memorable last-second three-pointer against Olympiacos in Piraeus in the 1998 Greek playoff semi-finals series, winning the match 58–55 for PAOK. That victory, which ended the five year reign of Olympiacos as Greek Champions, allowed PAOK to face Panathinaikos in the finals series, although the club had a disadvantage in home games and ultimately lost the series (and the league) 3–2. Stojaković was closely guarded throughout the series by his future coach in New Orleans, Byron Scott, who was wrapping up his basketball career as the top player for Panathinaikos, and did not play at his normal level. In his final season with PAOK, Stojaković averaged 23.9 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.2 steals. Stojaković also holds Greek citizenship and is married to Greek model Aleka Kamila. The couple have two children. He also served in the Greek army, an obligation to be fulfilled by all male Greek citizens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peja_Stojakovi%C4%87

Check out his wife. She's hot! :crazy:
Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    day late and (dallas) a few players short.

dallas blows. they should have been gone two rounds ago
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    81 wrote:

I don't know if they blow, but I'm not cheering for them. I don't really like Miami, or LeBron (even when he was in Cleveland, not just for leaving), but I REALLY dislike Mark Cuban. Plus I live in the Dallas area and am surrounded by Mavericks "fans" who didn't watch a game all season but now that they're in the finals have their faces painted and are sporting their purchased-yesterday Mavericks gear. I dislike bandwagoners almost as much as Mark Cuban, and while I know they're everywhere, these are right in my face.

I don't really understand the hate towards the Heat anyway, and why they're considered the "Evil" ones in this match-up of Good vs Evil. As one of the commentators said last night: wouldn't everybody like to choose where they work and who they work with? What's so Evil about that. Sure the way LeBron and ESPN handled the situation was slimy, but that still makes him the lesser evil when compared to Mark Cuban, at least to me it does.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Pap wrote:
    Go Peja!

Stojakovic.JPG
    :
    :thumbup: :clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    81 wrote:

I don't know if they blow, but I'm not cheering for them. I don't really like Miami, or LeBron (even when he was in Cleveland, not just for leaving), but I REALLY dislike Mark Cuban. Plus I live in the Dallas area and am surrounded by Mavericks "fans" who didn't watch a game all season but now that they're in the finals have their faces painted and are sporting their purchased-yesterday Mavericks gear. I dislike bandwagoners almost as much as Mark Cuban, and while I know they're everywhere, these are right in my face.

I don't really understand the hate towards the Heat anyway, and why they're considered the "Evil" ones in this match-up of Good vs Evil. As one of the commentators said last night: wouldn't everybody like to choose where they work and who they work with? What's so Evil about that. Sure the way LeBron and ESPN handled the situation was slimy, but that still makes him the lesser evil when compared to Mark Cuban, at least to me it does.

they blow. Kidd should be playing in a rec league. Dirk is solid, Terry is ok, beyond that..... :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    fully expect the Heat to win, and no I'm not basing that on last night, which was still a close game
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I have faith in the Mavericks, although there is a thread on the playoffs.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    peja was awful last nite ... he needs to play better for the mavs to have a chance ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    peja was awful last nite ... he needs to play better for the mavs to have a chance ...

The only time I even noticed him was when he was getting called for fouls. Look at his box score.

BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    Peja Stojakovic, SF 15 0-3 0-3 0-0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 -3 0

Edit, guess the forum won't post it right, but it's bad.
    polaris_x wrote:

The only time I even noticed him was when he was getting called for fouls. Look at his box score.

oh yeah ... granted he was guarding out of position most of the night in the 4 spot ... still ... horrible rotations ... bad fouls ... and his shot was rushed every time ...
  • PapPap Posts: 28,798
    Newch91 wrote:

I just wanted to talk about Peja not so much about the games. I guess this is called bad title.
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

oh yeah ... granted he was guarding out of position most of the night in the 4 spot ... still ... horrible rotations ... bad fouls ... and his shot was rushed every time ...

Come on guys. Give him a break. He's 33 nowadays. He can't perform as well as he did when he played for my favourite team PAOK. However, I believe he's still an excellent bomber (three points shooter). Every player is allowed to have some bad games.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    I didn't mean to rag on him, I was just saying he had a terrible game. And he was 0-3 on three pointers, he didn't score any points. It's worth noting. I'm not saying they should send him home, but that was an abysmal performance. His highest stat number was 3, and that was for fouls. No points and a +/- of -3. It has to be said, that's bad.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Pap wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I just wanted to talk about Peja not so much about the games. I guess this is called bad title.
    Oh ok. I get what you're saying. I hope he has a better game tomorrow night than game 1.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    someone wanna tell me what Tyson Chandler is doing with only 4 shots?
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
    edited June 2011
    manutd3581 wrote:

his job.

he only averaged 5.5 attempts per game during the reg. season. he's a defensive player...he can't shoot for shit
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    manutd3581 wrote:

his job.
    he should be getting so many more touches. If he's more physical, it opens up so much more on the floor for the old men around him.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
    manutd3581 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    manutd3581 wrote:

his job.
    he should be getting so many more touches. If he's more physical, it opens up so much more on the floor for the old men around him.

:lol:

dude has no offensive game. he only averaged 5.5 shots per game during the reg season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Miami is still weak inside, I dont care what he did in the regular season, him and Jason Kidd need to work that magic on the pick and role. Especially if the Mavs NEED to make shots outside to win this series. And JJ Barea, take a breather.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
    manutd3581 wrote:
    Miami is still weak inside, I dont care what he did in the regular season, him and Jason Kidd need to work that magic on the pick and role. Especially if the Mavs NEED to make shots outside to win this series. And JJ Barea, take a breather.
    Ok..for his career he is averging 5.4 shots per game. He is not an offensive threat. And the only thing kidd can run is the throw it into the post to the seven footer. Kidd is way to slow for pick and roll or drives to the whole.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    im just trying to make it plausible that Dallas can stay in this series :?

Honestly I think the Heat will take this relatively easy. Feel bad for Dirk though, and Terry's arm is gonna hurt like hell getting that tat of the O'brien trophy lasered off
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
    manutd3581 wrote:

Honestly I think the Heat will take this relatively easy. Feel bad for Dirk though, and Terry's arm is gonna hurt like hell getting that tat of the O'brien trophy lasered off

:thumbup:

just as long as we all agree....dallas blows. :lol:

i wish it wasn't true, but they are playing the role of the nj nets to miami's lakers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    manutd3581 wrote:

:thumbup:

just as long as we all agree....dallas blows. :lol:

i wish it wasn't true, but they are playing the role of the nj nets to miami's lakers.
    lmao poor Kenyon Martin
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
    manutd3581 wrote:

pick and roll works best when the guy with the ball is a threat to take it to the hoop or has a mid range jumper ... both of which kidd doesn't ... kidd's defender just has to go under the screen each time so there really isn't a roll for chandler ...

haywood is doing some damage in the paint but his FT shooting is a huge counter to that ...
    1-1! Yay! Peja deserves a title after all these years. :D
    YEAH!!! The Mavs are the Champions! A ring for Peja please. :D
    i'm happy i was wrong. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg