Options

Which album has grown on you the most?

im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Lately for me it's been Binaural. I wasn't crazy about it a few years after it came out but lately I've come to really appreciate it. It's such a great break-up album. It's especially good with headphones on...at night...while it's raining!
San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    Riot Act...never thought I'd say that.
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    I like all of Pearl Jam's albums, so it's kind of hard to answer this question. They all have their own personality, and I tend to listen to one over the other depending on what mood I am in, along with having my favorites, but it never really was at a point where one album was a grower.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    No Code is probably the most discordant(sp?) for me. I like it more every tiome I listen.

Ten is probably my least favorite but I find myself listening to it more and more lately.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    When I first heard Binaural it wasn't the PJ I knew or liked. I was pretty disappointed. All that is distant history now. ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Into the Wild!

It gets better every time i listen to it!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I was never that into Vitalogy at first... Now one of my favourites.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Gonna have to say, Yield, it was the 1st and only album after Ten that i didn't pick up on release day, I actually waited about 6 months before picking it up, the 1st radio single disappointed me so bad i didn't buy it ON PURPOSE, lol. And now, every nuance is etched to my memory, every nuance every breath, lol
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I nearly hated Riot Act and now am starting to finally love it, but Binaural and No Code went from complete strangers to best friends, so to speak.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    I wasn't a big fan of Vs when it came out. It keeps getting better and better though.
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    Every Damn one of them, right away!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    That would have to be Riot Act with Binaural a close second. I liked both immediately, but I love both today.