Eddie Vedder Water on the Road Bluray = Eye Candy

rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
edited June 2011 in The Porch
Just finished watching the whole Bluray and I must say a naked girl could have walked into the room and it wouldn't have looked as good...Favorite Songs after first watch Driftin' & Forever Young. Great deal for $16.99 at Best Buy.
08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Great deal for $16.99 at Best Buy.
    $16.99?!?! You got jacked! http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=159128

:D
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    Didn't see the coupon but oh well I had a gift card. It was marked at $19.99 but they had it for $3 off.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Gotta agree with ya'!

Water on the Road on Blu was fan-fucking-tastic!!!!!

Just got done myself and I loved every minute of it! I can't wait for the upcoming Ed San Diego show!! :D
  • Currently on I'm open! Awesome sound and picture. Blu ray really is fantastic even though I had a hard time converting from DVD bc I have a large DVD collection. Into the wild tracks live r incredible, especially rise. I can't wait to see ev solo at the wiltern for a second time. Enjoy! Highly recommended. Uke cd is next!
    Adampharris
    1992: Phoenix, Desert Sky Pavilion
    1998: RFK Stadium -- Tibetan Freedom
    1998: Great Western Forum I
    2000: Greek Theater
    2006: Great Western Forum I
    2008: The Wiltern (EV SOLO)
    2008: VH1 The Who Tribute
    2009: LA I, LA III, SD
    Went back and watched a few songs again tonight...He opens with the same song as when I saw him in Milwaukee. :D Sometimes is awesome with that block of wood he stomps on.
    Love the Covers on the BluRay. All the Dylan songs and the Cat Stevens song rule. :lol:
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Wait, I thought the Blu-ray wasn't being released until June 28th? How did you get one so early?

RM
  • thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Wait, I thought the Blu-ray wasn't being released until June 28th? How did you get one so early?

RM

They are already being sold at Best Buy.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    I think Ed's hotness is single-handedly responsible for global warming. :)
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    just got home from dropping my girlfriend off at the airport.... its 8:30 am AND IM BLASTING THE SHIT OUT OF THIS BLURAY for the first time ......... 60" LED with a 1,000 watt custom Boston acoustics 7.1 theater system .... IT IS FUCKING AWESOME...hands down the best part is ARC...its so cool to see how he did that ..

also love how he talks about the "STEALERS OF SILENCE"......"put the silence down and walk away" :lol::lol:

EDIT... ITS NOW 9:15 AM and a Neighbor of mine 4 houses away just called me up and told me to lower the music ... i woke up his kid...... so i then said

"SORRY MAN ...CANT DO THAT ITS EDDIE VEDDER PLAYING "ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER"
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he then says........."O. my bad ..PUT IT A LITTLE LOUDER" :lol::lol:
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    thefin190 wrote:

RM

Well that's a pisser for sure!

Here I am, a paying fan club member who took the time to support one of my favorite artist by advance purchasing both the cd & Blu-ray in early May through the band site. Yet days after both are officially released at Best Buy to the entire general public, I'm still sitting empty handed. Man I sure feel suckered on this one!

I guess I'll have to visit my local Best Buy to pick up my cd & Blu-ray (for less I might add)) and sign up for a Rewards Zone membership while I'm at it since it seems Best Buy is willing to take care of their loyal customers unlike Pearl Jam and 10c. And for the record I'm not asking for much w/my 10c membership. Just a fair shot at buying decent tix to shows when they're announced and receiving new releases on the actual day of release at a minimum and that's all.

To me there is no logical explanation as to why BB had the ability to sell the Blu-ray on 5/31 while fan club members have to wait until the end of June to receive it.

This is the same band that took TM to court for gouging the average concert goer with their ticket prices & fees, right? My, how the times have changed. I will definitely rethink purchasing my merchandise through 10c in the future if this is the way I can expect to be treated as a fan club member.

RM
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Posts: 3,076
    agree---Arc is AMAZING. I am hoping he does it at one of the Chicago shows (theyre the 2 nights before the anniversary of Denmark tragedy, so I think if he does it at all, it would be here).

I have watched it 4 or 5 times now, mostly start to finish, and I gotta go with faves right now as Arc, Blackbird, Drifting and Hard Sun....no particular order, and i am sure faves will change next time I watch it (in about an hour :) )
    joe2468 wrote:
    just got home from dropping my girlfriend off at the airport.... its 8:30 am AND IM BLASTING THE SHIT OUT OF THIS BLURAY for the first time ......... 60" LED with a 1,000 watt custom Boston acoustics 7.1 theater system .... IT IS FUCKING AWESOME...hands down the best part is ARC...its so cool to see how he did that ..

also love how he talks about the "STEALERS OF SILENCE"......"put the silence down and walk away" :lol::lol:

EDIT... ITS NOW 9:15 AM and a Neighbor of mine 4 houses away just called me up and told me to lower the music ... i woke up his kid...... so i then said

"SORRY MAN ...CANT DO THAT ITS EDDIE VEDDER PLAYING "ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER"
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

he then says........."O. my bad ..PUT IT A LITTLE LOUDER" :lol::lol:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
    Arc is cool to see live I saw it twice once in 2003 at the United Center and at a Vedder solo show in Milwaukee, but I'm not a huge fan of it on the BluRay it doesn't do the live performance justice in my opinion.
  • dasvidana wrote:
    I think Ed's hotness is single-handedly responsible for global warming. :)

me too 8-)
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Arc blew me away. I can't imagine what the feeling would be like to see that in person.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 634
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Just finished watching the whole Bluray and I must say a naked girl could have walked into the room and it wouldn't have looked as good...Favorite Songs after first watch Driftin' & Forever Young. Great deal for $16.99 at Best Buy.

Sorry dude, I look at the naked girl every time. That's why I have ears.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • I haven't got to watch it yet, I did the dvd through the fan club (yes, I know, I wished I would have done Best Buy). However, I can say that I will most likely be in 100% agreement with you. My husband thinks I'm just physically attracted to Eddie, I can't explain it to him. I guess I can say that when I'm listening/watching Eddie/PJ, my senses are just overwhelmed. It's a great high.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    thefin190 wrote:

RM

Here I am, a paying fan club member who took the time to support one of my favorite artist by advance purchasing both the cd & Blu-ray in early May through the band site. Yet days after both are officially released at Best Buy to the entire general public, I'm still sitting empty handed. Man I sure feel suckered on this one!

I guess I'll have to visit my local Best Buy to pick up my cd & Blu-ray (for less I might add)) and sign up for a Rewards Zone membership while I'm at it since it seems Best Buy is willing to take care of their loyal customers unlike Pearl Jam and 10c. And for the record I'm not asking for much w/my 10c membership. Just a fair shot at buying decent tix to shows when they're announced and receiving new releases on the actual day of release at a minimum and that's all.

To me there is no logical explanation as to why BB had the ability to sell the Blu-ray on 5/31 while fan club members have to wait until the end of June to receive it.

This is the same band that took TM to court for gouging the average concert goer with their ticket prices & fees, right? My, how the times have changed. I will definitely rethink purchasing my merchandise through 10c in the future if this is the way I can expect to be treated as a fan club member.

RM

Oh Jesus.

Go buy one at Best Buy. Keep the receipt. When your fan club versions arrive, return them to Best Buy. Get a refund.

In the time you spent bitching indignantly on a message board, you could already be watching.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • mzklvspjmzklvspj Posts: 55
    I am still waiting for my copy from 10C....can't wait!

RM

I agree with your comment, I would have ordered it through the Ten Club but the first thing I checked was when it would be shipping and when I saw the date I looked on the Best Buy website and saw that it would be out earlier and at a cheaper price. Made my decision easy.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Arc is cool to see live I saw it twice once in 2003 at the United Center and at a Vedder solo show in Milwaukee, but I'm not a huge fan of it on the BluRay it doesn't do the live performance justice in my opinion.

i said tthe same thing .. they made it to "artsy" .they should have just used the main camera for the entire song
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,380
    PSSSTT...NEED TO BREAK IT OUT...DAMN PHILLIES GAMES AND FIN WORK...HAHAHA
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Just finished watching the entire "Water on the Road" DVD. All I can say is WOW!! Now I want to watch it all over again. I had never heard "Arc" before, and it was just awesome. Other favorites were the Into the Wild songs, "No More", "Man of the Hour" and the Dylan tunes. I thought it was very well done-enjoyed the clips of Ed with the fans too. I noticed some of them looked like they were completely in awe of him-I would have been the same way!
    "A beacon on dry land"