What's a good FREE photo editing software?

Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Don't know whether this should go on the AET or the Techie forum but I need suggestions on a photo editing program I can download for free. My prince tried Picasa and didn't like it so I'm looking for other possibilities.

I'm not trying to be Ansel Adams here, just want something easy to use for editing photos.

I know I may not get much response since it's a holiday but I'll keep checking back. Thanks for any help you guys can offer!
"The stars are all connected to the brain."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Try picnik.com. Very user friendly and free. Great results.
  • http://pixlr.com/editor/ Pretty good, too!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Thanks for the suggestions! Will definitely check them out. :D
    Bumping this up for Tuesday morning. :wave:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    PAINT.NET isn't bad either.
    PAINT.NET isn't bad either.
    I forgot about that one. Somebody else recommended it to me. Thanks!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Gimp
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    Gimp
    I was looking at that one and it kind of appealed to me more than others. There are still ones that I haven't even looked at tho.
    What do you like about Gimp?
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    BinFrog wrote:
    Gimp
    I was looking at that one and it kind of appealed to me more than others. There are still ones that I haven't even looked at tho.
    What do you like about Gimp?

Very easy to use. Some great basic and advanced features. For what I need it for (something simple to use at work for creating flyers, etc) it is perfect. At home I have Painshop Pro and PhotoShop if I need them.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    Very easy to use. Some great basic and advanced features. For what I need it for (something simple to use at work for creating flyers, etc) it is perfect. At home I have Painshop Pro and PhotoShop if I need them.
    I work for a nonprofit and also create flyers and stuff, so that's good to know. Looks like I may start updating a web site soon too, so I need something easy (and free!).

I also need something at home for really ordinary pics of crap I sell on ebay. I like to sell mundane stuff like clothes I don't wear anymore, household junk, car parts. I'm not much of a photographer but I can usually make stuff look attractive enough to sell. Some people have garage sells, I prefer ebay. :mrgreen: