Options

Opening Songs this tour

2»

Comments

• Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    Ive been to about 15 shows and I've yet to hear "Release" performed live. I'm really hoping to hear it open up the show at the Beacon.
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    I'm looking for Release, Sometimes, and Oceans. Any of those would be sweet. Personally I wouldn't want to see WWS, Life Wasted, or Severed Hand, just because we heard those all last tour, and they should play some songs they didn't pay much attention to last tour.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    thebends9 wrote:
    Ive been to about 15 shows and I've yet to hear "Release" performed live. I'm really hoping to hear it open up the show at the Beacon.

it took me 7 shows to get release, but it was worth the wait! :D
    amazing!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Wash @ Roo
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    it took me 7 shows to get release, but it was worth the wait! :D
    amazing!

It took me 11, and I'm still missing Oceans and Sometimes!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    if I hear severed hand open a single show I go to Ill just leave. its shit as an openner and they got lazy last tour and opened what, every show with it? that was awful. 3 nights in a row with SH openning. if I knew before hand I wouldnt have rushed in to the shows like i did
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    of a girl.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    if I hear severed hand open a single show I go to Ill just leave. its shit as an openner and they got lazy last tour and opened what, every show with it? that was awful. 3 nights in a row with SH openning. if I knew before hand I wouldnt have rushed in to the shows like i did
    When did they ever open w/ Severed Hand? :confused:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    I think they should open with Ledbetter just to freak everybody out! That or maybe Blood...
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    breakerfall would be a pretty sick opener. they don't have the balls anymore though.
    I saw it to open Argentina 1 in 2005, and after sitting in 90 degree hit in the front row for 5 hours, it was the last thing I wanted to hear. The next thing I knew the overhyped crowd threw me into the quagmire. Oh well, sweet opener nonetheless.

BTW...I want a weird one Yellow Ledbetter to get it out of the way, Rearviewmirror, or Alive would be fine.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611

I know they did at the Gorge. But mostly played it in the 3 spot.
  • Options

They opened a few shows with it.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    They opened a few shows with it.
    Boston 2? NJ 1 or 2? I swear I saw it opened with on that tour.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758

wow. just wow. How old are you, 6?

You know there's more to a show that what they open with? They usually play a bunch more songs after the first one. Some of them are actually pretty good.

Some fans are retarded.

EDIT: I don't know what "last tour" you were talking about, but assumed you meant 2006. So I looked it up. Pearl Jam played 76 shows during the calendar year of 2006. They opened with Severed Hand exactly 10 times. At no point did it open three shows in a row. But thanks for playing.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    breakerfall would be a pretty sick opener. they don't have the balls anymore though.

Breakerfall is easily the best rock opener i can imagine. of the girl from san fran night 1 was great (didnt go,just the boot)

As far as slow songs, I would say Immortality with the extened intro would be a great opener.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Breakerfall is easily the best rock opener i can imagine. of the girl from san fran night 1 was great (didnt go,just the boot)

As far as slow songs, I would say Immortality with the extened intro would be a great opener.

First time I heard OTG as an opener was San Antonio '03. Wasn't really a song I liked all that much on Binaural ... but as a live opener ... wow. It just has this cool ass groove. Quickly rose up my list of preferred openers.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    wow. just wow. How old are you, 6?

You know there's more to a show that what they open with? They usually play a bunch more songs after the first one. Some of them are actually pretty good.

Some fans are retarded.

EDIT: I don't know what "last tour" you were talking about, but assumed you meant 2006. So I looked it up. Pearl Jam played 76 shows during the calendar year of 2006. They opened with Severed Hand exactly 10 times. At no point did it open three shows in a row. But thanks for playing.

thanks for playing? your welcome asshole. thanks for putting me in my place in typical synergy form. the fact that you took the time to look it up like that gets you extra cool points with eddie vedder! so yay you!!
  • Options
    my last 3 shows i heard this song as an opener...

hartford, then nj 1 and 2...actually the played severed hand, corduroy, and wws the same first 3 songs at nj 1 and 2 in 2006....

i DO NOT want a severed hand opener...

same 3 shows I was talking about. but hey, this just means me and you ARENT REAL PJ FANS!!! WE DONT DESRVE TO GO TO SHOWS!!!

haha. for a band whos fanbase brags non stop about how cool it is that PJ changes the set lists every night, openning the 2 NJ shos with the exact same 3 songs was kind of pathetic. night 1 it was whatever, but on night 2 the whole crowd was bored with the whole thing until we got to the middle of the show and it all kicked in
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Oceans in WPB.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    i would like to see them set the tone for a show by opening with one of these babies and never looking back until everyone needs a bit of a break during the first encore...

blood
    animal
    not for you
    habit
    brain of j
    all night
    big wave
    comatose
    whipping
    lukin
    get right

that said, I'll take whatever they give me. its all that good.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    i would like to see them set the tone for a show by opening with one of these babies and never looking back until everyone needs a bit of a break during the first encore...

blood
    animal
    not for you
    habit
    brain of j
    all night
    big wave
    comatose
    whipping
    lukin
    get right

that said, I'll take whatever they give me. its all that good.

SICK!!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    am i the only person who does not like "All Night?"
    yes.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    BZ-BZ- Posts: 31
    Will reach me 30th show this tour. My 2 favorite shows opened with Release and LBC.
    East coast 08 please. (YESSSSS!!!!)
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Who cares what they open with... Its obvious some are prefered over others but... They do play around 22... other songs.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    It took me 11, and I'm still missing Oceans and Sometimes!
    i have had sometimes, only once, but at my 2nd show, hoping for oceans this tour somewhere, same with of the girl and wash!

i really want something unexpected as well, not stock opening material but something that will get the crowd to go crazy to hear it open, like Alive in Newcastle 06!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!