Options

Too Big To Fail

The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Just got done watching this. I thought it was great. Fascinating story. Amazing and scary how inept the entire system was.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    Watched it last night. HBO always produces great stuff.

My immediate thought is how different you can feel about our country depending on what you're looking at. Last weekend, my wife ran a race in Boston and all money raised benefited troops coming home with post-traumatic stress disorder among other ailments. The good that i saw from so many people out running for that cause, having to raise a minimum of $1000 and not to mention all of our troops there. Makes me proud as an American.

And then you watch and read about things like the financial crisis and it just makes me embarrassed.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    nothing is too big to fail.

had they been allowed to fail, anouther company would have come in and filled the void. that's called supply and demand in a free market.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    waaaaaaay back in the day i worked for a mortgage company that was a subsidiary of aig. we used to tell people that "we're not some little broker company that you've never heard of. we're aig! we're not going anywhere."

woops.

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Can't wait to see this. Read the book and heard the movie is really well done.
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    waaaaaaay back in the day i worked for a mortgage company that was a subsidiary of aig. we used to tell people that "we're not some little broker company that you've never heard of. we're aig! we're not going anywhere."

woops.

There's a trapdoor in the sun.