Which one of these is the more watch?

1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I was at my buddies last night and they were discussing series of the past and most of them I had never seen.
So they gave me a few to watch. Was wondering what the pJ community had to say about these:

Weeds
Californication

Which first?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I haven't seen Weeds, but Californication is funny as hell. Its completely raunchy but it is very funny. Seems like modern day Boccaccio or something, with the predicaments the characters get into.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Both shows are worth the time. My wife and I didn't start atching Weeds until halfway thru season 2...so we went and rented the 1st season to get ourselves caught up. You will enjoy both.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584
    1vs5 wrote:
    I was at my buddies last night and they were discussing series of the past and most of them I had never seen.
    So they gave me a few to watch. Was wondering what the pJ community had to say about these:

Weeds
    Californication

Which first?

the first few seasons of weeds is great. haven't seen californication
    www.myspace.com
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    i've seen the first two seasons of weeds and all of californication. i'd say that californication is the better of the two; it has a wicked, witty sense of humour, many great musical references and of course the greatest incorporation of a pj song (nothingman), EVER in television.
    i've seen the first two seasons of weeds and all of californication. i'd say that californication is the better of the two; it has a wicked, witty sense of humour, many great musical references and of course the greatest incorporation of a pj song (nothingman), EVER in television.

can you elaborate on the nothing man thing? i've never heard of this...
    www.myspace.com
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959

CALIFORNICATION SPOILER WARNING

in the episode entitled 'in utero' (the show references the 90s grunge scene quite a few times and this scene takes place right after cobain's suicide), the main character flashes back to his first experiences with the love of his life and a tough decision that they make together. at the end, they part ways, and he places a letter in the mail for her as she walks off while nothingman begins to play. it's hard to explain everything, hopefully this helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyWS9lfcGog
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Californication always seemed like sex and the city for guys to me. i've seen the 1st season, but that's about it. it was kinda creppy seeing the little girl from the nanny getting down with fox mulder.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    1vs5 wrote:

Weeds
    Californication

Which first?

i like them both
    I miss igotid88

CALIFORNICATION SPOILER WARNING

in the episode entitled 'in utero' (the show references the 90s grunge scene quite a few times and this scene takes place right after cobain's suicide), the main character flashes back to his first experiences with the love of his life and a tough decision that they make together. at the end, they part ways, and he places a letter in the mail for her as she walks off while nothingman begins to play. it's hard to explain everything, hopefully this helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyWS9lfcGog

thanks. that is pretty awesome.
    www.myspace.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    both are my favorites!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

you can only have one favorite.
    www.myspace.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

you can only have one favorite.
    lost is my favorite..favorites are alot..in the end , im Greek, i can do what ever i want ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    WEEDS. it gets weird at the start of the 4th season and kind of loses its charm, but it's still good.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    WEEDS. it gets weird at the start of the 4th season and kind of loses its charm, but it's still good.
    I agree. I love both shows, but earlier Weeds (when it was actually about Weed) was really good. When they brought in the whole Mexican thing and the baby is when the show started to go downhill IMO
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1