Options

State College RearViewMirror - Improv

BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,955
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just listening to State College boot from 2003 on the way home from dropping some mates at Melbourne Airport and the improv before RVM was unbelievable. Anyone else think so? Was this performed due to a tech difficulty or Ed had an improv / lyrics set to go?

At the same show there was an improv before Blood to! My thinking maybe it was tech diff because of 2 improv's that night.

The Mankind fuck up is good to!

'We hereby open the floor for requests'!!!!!!!
Melbourne #1 '98
Melbourne #2 '03
Melbourne #3 '03
Melbourne #1 '06
Melbourne #3 '06
Melbourne '09
Melbourne '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Youve inspired me to put the boot on- what a show, wish I couldve been there. I really miss Improvs.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    That tour they seemed to improv a lot. I remember a "don't drive me - I'm an SUV" improv that surfaced a few times.

I don't think they are for technical difficulties - but what do I know?

There have been a few at some concerts I have been to and it always seems planned.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I was there! I don't remember getting a sense of technical difficulties, and I was pretty close on the side seats - more like everyone was in a really good mood and having fun.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    MathataMathata Posts: 41
    Hum, have all the boots in my car. Will listen to it on the way home. Thank goodness we are leaving early today, cannot wait to put that CD in. Oh, and I am in State College!
    Mathata

How I choose to feel,... Is how I am.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I was SUPPOSE to have gone to that show!! I let a friend talk me out of it!! BASTARD!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    lutwutchlutwutch Ashburn, VA Posts: 180
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just listening to State College boot from 2003 on the way home from dropping some mates at Melbourne Airport and the improv before RVM was unbelievable. Anyone else think so? Was this performed due to a tech difficulty or Ed had an improv / lyrics set to go?

At the same show there was an improv before Blood to! My thinking maybe it was tech diff because of 2 improv's that night.

The Mankind fuck up is good to!

'We hereby open the floor for requests'!!!!!!!

I was there. The only technical difficulty came when Eddie was running around and tripped on Mike's cord at some point, I think during Porch. The improvs seemed to be scheduled lead-ins to both RVM and Blood. I think the improv/RVM is the best version I have seen. In fact, I was very confused at the show, thinking that was the end of the first set when they started playing it. Listen to Black from this show as well, unreal version. Mike plays Bushleaguer in Yellowledbetter later, which made everyone go crazy.

As a PSU grad, that is my all-time #1 show, way above any other.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth...

'92 Stanhope, '98 Washington, DC (VFC), '00 Merriweather Post, MD, '03 Nashville, TN, State College, PA, Holmdel, NJ, '04 Reading, PA (VFC), '05 Philadelphia, PA, 06 Camden, NJ, East Rutherford, NJ, '08 Camden, NJ (I and II), 09 Philadelphia, PA (II and III), '10 New York, NY, '13 Baltimore, MD, Charlottesville, VA, '16 Hampton, VA, Philadelphia II, 08 Newark, NJ (Vedder Solo), '16 TOTD Upper Darby (I)