Why dogs are awesome...

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
...and why some people just should not have pets:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/2 ... 67125.html
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I thought it was because they can lick their balls whenever they wanted to.

but yea, that is an awesome story.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Wow, how could they give him up after that?!? Unless they're in such dire straits after the storm and all, they just can't even think straight.

That's heartbreaking.

((hugs the unlost dogs))
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584
    Wow, how could they give him up after that?!? Unless they're in such dire straits after the storm and all, they just can't even think straight.

That's heartbreaking.

((hugs the unlost dogs))

i was thinking that too....but the dog just spent the last 2 weeks CRAWLING back to them only for them to give up on him in an instant.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

That's heartbreaking.

((hugs the unlost dogs))

i was thinking that too....but the dog just spent the last 2 weeks CRAWLING back to them only for them to give up on him in an instant.

i get what you're saying jeags but the family look like they've lost just about everything and a dog with 2 broken front legs is gonna take a lot of time and money that they probably don't have
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Awww.... What a symbol of hope and survival.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

i want to adopt this dog
    www.myspace.com
  • monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    I'm thankful that I'm not in the situation of the people suffering from this devastation, but there's no way in hell I'd give up my dogs like that.
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    how could they give him up? :o
    awesome dog!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    I'm thankful that I'm not in the situation of the people suffering from this devastation, but there's no way in hell I'd give up my dogs like that.

I guess that story was supposed to be happy, but it really just made me feel so sad. Thinking about the poor dog, lost, scared, hungry, and in pain, doing whatever it takes to crawl back to his familiar home and loving owners, only to finally get there, battered and broken, and to have them ask the shelter to take him? I am so heartbroken for that doggie. I hope he can heal, and someone in the area who has the resources will take him in and give him an incredible home. Who knows, maybe the family will be able to take him back later, I just feel like he deserves the biggest hug in the world.
  • You know, I feel guilty going on a long vacation without my dog because i dont want him to think we arent coming back. I know the people are dealing with devastation that i'll probably never know being here in Michigan, but i cant imagine giving up my dog. He's a part of my family.

That little dog is awesome and i hope he winds up in a great home.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    You know, I feel guilty going on a long vacation without my dog because i dont want him to think we arent coming back. I know the people are dealing with devastation that i'll probably never know being here in Michigan, but i cant imagine giving up my dog. He's a part of my family.

That little dog is awesome and i hope he winds up in a great home.

totally agree with you. gave my pooch a big hug after reading this.

then she licked her but.

it's all good though. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • I thought it was because they can lick their balls whenever they wanted to.

but yea, that is an awesome story.

My buddy was chasing our dog around in the backyard the other day and he said: "I can't believe the little bugger jukes and jives and still has time to lay down and lick himself and get up before I can catch him".

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,729
    Dogs really are amazing. This story reminds me of Sheila Burnford's book, The Incredible Journey-- as a kid, the first book I ever bought with allowance.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505

I guess that story was supposed to be happy, but it really just made me feel so sad. Thinking about the poor dog, lost, scared, hungry, and in pain, doing whatever it takes to crawl back to his familiar home and loving owners, only to finally get there, battered and broken, and to have them ask the shelter to take him? I am so heartbroken for that doggie. I hope he can heal, and someone in the area who has the resources will take him in and give him an incredible home. Who knows, maybe the family will be able to take him back later, I just feel like he deserves the biggest hug in the world.

This^^

He loved them so much...he crawled through hell to be with them. I love my dog so much. I would crawl to save his life and keep him with me. With all my love and light, I hope he gets the most loving new owner in the world. HUGS to you precious Mason.

r-DOG-CRAWLS-HOME-large570.jpg
    ^^MASON, THE MIRACLE DOG^^
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • brianlux wrote:
    Dogs really are amazing. This story reminds me of Sheila Burnford's book, The Incredible Journey-- as a kid, the first book I ever bought with allowance.

I am not ashamed to admit I cried when I saw that movie.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I cried like a baby when I was a wee lad while watching "Where the red fern grows" great, great show
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,729
    Slap upside the head and Cree Nations: Yes and yes!

And then there's those old favorites, Old Yeller and Sounder. More kleenex!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.