Saskatoon Roll Call!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    RichAtomicRichAtomic Posts: 64
    pj72 wrote:
    RichAtomic wrote:
    RichAtomic 34xxx

Anyone have hotel recommendations or know of Priceline deals? Thanks in advance.

i booked a room at the motel 6, which seems to be the only hotel in the area around the arena. it's apparently within walking distance. the room i'm holding is CAD106 plus tax. i wanted to get something cheaper, but since the arena isn't in the city centre, i thought it would be too difficult to take a taxi after the show.

Good call on the Motel 6, location-wise. Booked it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    -- Rich
    * Oscar Mayer Theater - 1991 * Eagle's Ballroom 1991 * R and R Station - 1992 * Marquette University 1992 * World Music Amphitheater - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 2000 * Aladdin Theater x2 - 1993 * Chicago Stadium - 1994 * New Regal Theater - 1994 * St. Louis x2 - 1994 * Ann Arbor - 1994 * Bridge School - 1994 * Summerfest x2 - 1995 * Summerfest x2 - 2006 * Soldier Field - 1995 * Molson Park - 1998 * United Center - 2006 * United Center - 2009 * Cleveland - 2010 * Alpine Valley x2 - 2011 * Winnipeg 2011 * Saskatoon 2011 * Wrigley 2013 * Phoenix 2013 * Wrigley 2016 x2 *
  • Options
    albert83albert83 Saskatoon, SK Posts: 109
    I'm so excited for this show, growing up I never thought they would ever come here which is why i never got around to joining the ten club till 2005. I couldn't believe it when they did, it was one of the greatest nights of my life and I didn't think they would ever come back. The show was so special to me with them being in my small hometown. I am so excited they're coming back and this time I will be using ten club for seats so I will get to sit with all the people who love the band like I do.

The Motel 6 is a fine hotel being near the venue but there really isnt anything around it except a truckstop restaurant and a costco. Saskatoon is not a very big city and whenever there is concerts there are many many chartered buses from downtown directly right to the front of Credit union center and they are waiting after the show too. It's only about 20min ride from the venue to downtown So if someone is interested in staying downtown its pretty easy to get there and back and there are some very nice hotels like the Radisson and the Bessborough, The Sheraton the historical Senator (which isnt really and upclass but very nice) and many others. Theres a lot nice pubs and restaurants around downtown. There are also a lot of nice hotels that are not in the downtown area but are on the way to the arena. The Saskatoon Inn is very nice as is the Sandman and the Country inn and suites and they are located right beside the freeway so only about a 10min ride. The hotels would probably even give free shuttles and pick you up afterwards if there were a few of you.

Anyway I'm excited to see everyone any Saskatoon questions I can probably help out with just ask.
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    albert83 wrote:
    I'm so excited for this show, growing up I never thought they would ever come here which is why i never got around to joining the ten club till 2005. I couldn't believe it when they did, it was one of the greatest nights of my life and I didn't think they would ever come back. The show was so special to me with them being in my small hometown. I am so excited they're coming back and this time I will be using ten club for seats so I will get to sit with all the people who love the band like I do.

The Motel 6 is a fine hotel being near the venue but there really isnt anything around it except a truckstop restaurant and a costco. Saskatoon is not a very big city and whenever there is concerts there are many many chartered buses from downtown directly right to the front of Credit union center and they are waiting after the show too. It's only about 20min ride from the venue to downtown So if someone is interested in staying downtown its pretty easy to get there and back and there are some very nice hotels like the Radisson and the Bessborough, The Sheraton the historical Senator (which isnt really and upclass but very nice) and many others. Theres a lot nice pubs and restaurants around downtown. There are also a lot of nice hotels that are not in the downtown area but are on the way to the arena. The Saskatoon Inn is very nice as is the Sandman and the Country inn and suites and they are located right beside the freeway so only about a 10min ride. The hotels would probably even give free shuttles and pick you up afterwards if there were a few of you.

Anyway I'm excited to see everyone any Saskatoon questions I can probably help out with just ask.

thanks for the info. after i arrive i'll be heading downtown to hang around and check it out. hopefully we can get a pre-party going at one of the pubs. see you there!
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:
    pj72 wrote:
    RichAtomic wrote:
    RichAtomic 34xxx

Anyone have hotel recommendations or know of Priceline deals? Thanks in advance.

i booked a room at the motel 6, which seems to be the only hotel in the area around the arena. it's apparently within walking distance. the room i'm holding is CAD106 plus tax. i wanted to get something cheaper, but since the arena isn't in the city centre, i thought it would be too difficult to take a taxi after the show.

Good call on the Motel 6, location-wise. Booked it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    -- Rich

you're welcome...see you there! seats are gonna be sweet for this one!
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Count me in. 165xxx.
  • Options
    Random_HeroRandom_Hero Posts: 380
    in on this! road tripping
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    16th row floor single STILL available on TM this morning. wow!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    16th row floor single STILL available on TM this morning. wow!

Somewhere a PJ fan in Dallas, Houston, Phoenix or Atlanta is losing their mind at PJ's tour decisions.
  • Options
    They sold all the horrible seats first.
    I have 10 club tickets but my brother and his girlfriend wanted to attend and were working so I said i'd get there tickets. I logged in right at 10 o'clock the site was busy i had to wait 4 minutes sometimes for the tickets to load. I tried for an hour again and again and the best i could get was section T or level 40 on the floor. I tried and tried and soon it said there were no matches for the floor or lower level stands at all. I gave up figuring I'd help them find some later. Then 3 hours later I try again and theres row 12 on the floor and section B row 5 unbelievable all the people who were super excited and went on right as they went on sale had to get upper level and back of arena seats. That was a pretty dirty trick by ticketmaster.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    albert83 wrote:
    They sold all the horrible seats first.
    I have 10 club tickets but my brother and his girlfriend wanted to attend and were working so I said i'd get there tickets. I logged in right at 10 o'clock the site was busy i had to wait 4 minutes sometimes for the tickets to load. I tried for an hour again and again and the best i could get was section T or level 40 on the floor. I tried and tried and soon it said there were no matches for the floor or lower level stands at all. I gave up figuring I'd help them find some later. Then 3 hours later I try again and theres row 12 on the floor and section B row 5 unbelievable all the people who were super excited and went on right as they went on sale had to get upper level and back of arena seats. That was a pretty dirty trick by ticketmaster.

Have to agree with everything you have just said as I have been reading local Saskatchewan boards as well as knowing a lot of people back home and lots of people got on at 10:00 were waiting 5-10 minutes to get seats 40 rows deep on the floor or the deep back and then later in the afternoon beauty seats showed up, leaving a lot of people upset.

Show has sold better than what people expect.

My theory they released the reserved 10C tickets later that day because usually they have up to row 20 or 25 and lower rows direct side stage, actually I am betting that is what happened.

For all those going think how great your seats are going to be regardless of your number if you say you got the 12th row to come up on TM you guys are set! With a 326XXX number I sat 7th row centre in 2005.

Have fun!

Also downtown Saskatoon is awesome and so is the near-by river valley, if the weather is good lots of good looking UofS girls will be around. A lot of great pubs downtown as well. To stay at Motel 6 puts you way away from all this but Saskatoon is small, only 230K or so people.
  • Options
    DW80052DW80052 Posts: 13
    I will be there, 221xxx.
    Not sure who's coming with me yet but I'll be there! I was there in '05 and had 3rd row even back then. I remember the place was far from packed (lots of empties in upper level) however they played great show with good dose of rarities. I agree not high on the list of places expected to be played (the band kept joking about playing a campfire in middle of nowhere) but hey I'm not complaining; I will be heading out from Winnipeg and expect to be right up close with the rest of you!
    Fargo, St.Paul '03; Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg '05; Gorge 1 and Gorge 2 '06; PJ20 Alpine Valley 1 and 2, Winnipeg, Saskatoon '11; Wrigley Field '13
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    441xxx

First time is Sask! Puuuuumped!
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    I'm in 122xxx
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    f-bombf-bomb Posts: 99
    I'll be there!! 181xxx

Ain't it funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind?
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    As far as I can tell, I'll be travelling from Winnipeg alone. Anyone who will need an extra ticket looking for a ride-share or accommodation-share, let me know! I'm not an axe-murderer and I've made the drive a bunch of times in all sorts of weather.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 545
    albert83 wrote:

thanks for the info, will definitely try and stay near downtown. Will be my first road trip Calgary - Saskatoon.
    I'm thinking 6 - 7 hour drive,... does that sound right ?
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    Google maps say 8 hours, but everyone I talk to says just under 7. Take that for what you will. Sept will be my first trip out there too.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Gibson wrote:
    Google maps say 8 hours, but everyone I talk to says just under 7. Take that for what you will. Sept will be my first trip out there too.
    Ours, too. A little discouraging that 613km will take 7-8 hrs. No DST this year, so clocks don't change..will the drive seem shorter if we don't lose that hour?
  • Options
    Yeah it usually takes about 5 1/2 to 6, i usually go straight through with very little stopping. 3 Bootlegs will usually get you there.

nc_jammer wrote:
    thanks for the info, will definitely try and stay near downtown. Will be my first road trip Calgary - Saskatoon.
    I'm thinking 6 - 7 hour drive,... does that sound right ?
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I'll be there. Making up for regret of not doing both Winnipeg and Saskatoon in 05. 371XXX
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Depends on how much you stop. I would say 7hrs. But word of advice would be to fuel up lots. There are some stretches where its pretty far between gas stations.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    I have two tickets available for the Saskatoon show, Mon Sept 19.
    Section B, row 11,... see the seat map, these seats are just about as good as it gets.
    http://creditunioncentre.com/seating.php

Face value is $168 (for the pair),..I want face,.. plus any postage to get tickets to you. I'd recommend express post, so in Canada should be an extra $10 or so. Prefer payment by email money transfer.

Hopefully two dedicated fans like you guys can enjoy these seats.

Too bad I can't make it, Calgary and Edmonton will have to do.

Please PM me,... serious inquiries only please.
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I'll be there too ;)

number 292xxx
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    As far as I can tell, I'll be travelling from Winnipeg alone. Anyone who will need an extra ticket looking for a ride-share or accommodation-share, let me know! I'm not an axe-murderer and I've made the drive a bunch of times in all sorts of weather.

UPDATE: My older brother surprisingly signed himself up for this show! No ticket available.
    We haven't made road-trip in +10 years. This is gonna be AWESOME.
    As a side note, we're probably going to be renting some sort of a large-style vehicle if anyone is looking to car-pool to the show from Winnipeg and back again…
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    I have two tickets available for the Saskatoon show, Mon Sept 19.
    Section B, row 11,... see the seat map, these seats are just about as good as it gets.
    http://creditunioncentre.com/seating.php

Face value is $168 (for the pair),..I want face,.. plus any postage to get tickets to you. I'd recommend express post, so in Canada should be an extra $10 or so. Prefer payment by email money transfer.

Hopefully two dedicated fans like you guys can enjoy these seats.

Too bad I can't make it, Calgary and Edmonton will have to do.

Please PM me,... serious inquiries only please.
  • Options
    I will have an extra fan club ticket for Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary and Edmonton. My member number is 165xxx. The ticket price is face value. Please pm if interested.
  • Options
    i will be there.....166xxx

maybe we can all meet up at a pub before the show? where's a good place?

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    just booked a room at the Radisson in downtown Saskatoon on Priceline for 80 bucks. Anyone know of any good pub's downtown to hit up before the show?
  • Options
    dignin wrote:
    just booked a room at the Radisson in downtown Saskatoon on Priceline for 80 bucks. Anyone know of any good pub's downtown to hit up before the show?

That's a really nice hotel. There's lots downtown 'Osheas' is a irish pub with a nice rooftop which could be ok depending on the weather. There is also 'Winstons' in the hotel senator, it has the biggest selection of imported beer in Saskatoon and its pretty big. On broadway which is about a 5 min walk there is 'Amigo's' which has tasty mexican food. There is also The "hose and hydrant" which is pretty cool, it was an old firehall turned into a bar at night its loud and annoying but in the afternoon its cool. There's also the 'Yard and Flagon' which has a rooftop as well but is a pretty tight place inside.
    The only thing is downtown is pretty far from the venue and traffic gets a little tight on that freeway around 430 to 630.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    albert83 wrote:
    dignin wrote:

That's a really nice hotel. There's lots downtown 'Osheas' is a irish pub with a nice rooftop which could be ok depending on the weather. There is also 'Winstons' in the hotel senator, it has the biggest selection of imported beer in Saskatoon and its pretty big. On broadway which is about a 5 min walk there is 'Amigo's' which has tasty mexican food. There is also The "hose and hydrant" which is pretty cool, it was an old firehall turned into a bar at night its loud and annoying but in the afternoon its cool. There's also the 'Yard and Flagon' which has a rooftop as well but is a pretty tight place inside.
    The only thing is downtown is pretty far from the venue and traffic gets a little tight on that freeway around 430 to 630.

cheers man, thanks for the advice. Sounds like there is plenty to do. :D