Options

Why the Beacon is going to be a let down

2»

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    138,xxx wrote:
    Let me start off by saying that I am still looking for an affordable ticket and plan on being there. I just got off the phone with Lucy and there are still plenty of $2,500 tickets available. I also have a friend that is going with his work tickets (8 of them) and he said the people with him will know 3 songs from Ten and be on their Blackberries the rest of the concert. I think the majority of the board will be rocking out in the balcony but not sure that the band will be putting on their usual performance with a ton of lame and bored people sitting in their seats front and center. Obviously just my opinion and with that being said I plan on being there and hope I'm wrong. Still looking for a ticket.

huh?
    my enjoyment of a show is NOT dependent on those around me at ALL. sure, i totally get how the band feeds off the audience, etc...but i also believe pearl jam is WELL aware of who will be in the audience, and that does included ALL the fans who may not be front and center. i am sure the band can and WILL feel the collective energy of all the fans present. in a 3K seat venue, it will not be difficult for that vibe to flow from band to fans and vice versa.

seeing pearl jam at the beacon = priceless. period. :) i KNOW i will not be let down.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    The only thing that's going to suck is a bunch of hip New York people will be sitting in the best seats. But if that forces the Olsen twins to give $2500 (each!) to charity instead of buying a new handbag or whatever, it can't be all bad.

The other thing is it's the night after Mansfield II, so Ed's voice might be a little sore. An acoustic set would be sweet.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    even if it doesnt selll out the seats will be filled

Heh...;)

You're not kidding! :)
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    The only thing that's going to suck is a bunch of hip New York people will be sitting in the best seats. But if that forces the Olsen twins to give $2500 (each!) to charity instead of buying a new handbag or whatever, it can't be all bad.

The other thing is it's the night after Mansfield II, so Ed's voice might be a little sore. An acoustic set would be sweet.

hey now, i am a hip NYer. ;)
    i'll be in the $350 seats tho........:p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow