Thought We Could Do With A Positive Story

LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I just read this, please forgive me if it has already been mentioned. I thought this was absolutely lovely and something that I (shamefully) have never thought about. These kids have missed out for ages.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/amazing-storie ... -can-play/

Dad creates Theme park for kids with disabilities. :):):):):):):)
“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
Adelaide 2003
Adelaide 2006 night 1
Adelaide 2006 night 2
Adelaide 2009
Melbourne 2009
Christchurch NZ 2009
Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    That's really nice. Thanks. A lot of people here need to put things in perspective.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    That's awesome, i've never really thought about what these kids miss out on, you know ive seen kids in wheelchairs at theme parks before but never really thought there are probably alot of the rides they can't go on. I've started seeing those swings for wheel chair kids in park round Brisbane lately.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I saw a story on this a while back, I thought it was so sweet.

And yes, we do need some positive posts around here.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Thanks for spreading the positivity today! Really an inspiring and heartwarming story :)
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Think I've read about this before. Many kudos to this man. Thanks for posting LouLou!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    It's great to read stories like this... thanks for posting.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    That's awesome, i've never really thought about what these kids miss out on, you know ive seen kids in wheelchairs at theme parks before but never really thought there are probably alot of the rides they can't go on. I've started seeing those swings for wheel chair kids in park round Brisbane lately.
    Really? I haven't seen any here yet, might have to suggest that to my local council. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    what a sweet sweet man! Thanks for the article Lorna!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    What a lovely guy hey? I just can't believe that noone had thought of this sooner. I kinda feel bad that it had never crossed my mind before. Like he.who.forgets mentioned and threefish, I have seen these kids at theme parks before that have been confined to wheelchairs or have other disabilities and didn't think about the fact that they can't ride anything. Great to think people from around the world can take their kids and they can be involved in most of the adventures in this place. Puts a big goofy smile on my face. :D
    RKCNDY wrote:
    what a sweet sweet man! Thanks for the article Lorna!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Very sweet - thanks for sharing...
    ********************************************************************************************* image