Options

i am an idiot, twice i lost ev newark tix

nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
edited July 2008 in The Porch
so i have been refreshing for the last forty minutes and something happened around 6.30 i realized as i was frantically clicking away i saw the buy key. but as i was in mindless drone mode i already refreshed and then saw the familiar temp out of stock message. i swore i would not let this happen again. well it just did at aprox 6.44 or so i clicked and did it again. its my own fault and i didnt get a third chance. the next refresh after that was sold out, not temporarily sold out. so i did get a second chance but was too stupid to act on it. cant blame anyone but myself for not having the control and patience needed. i feel like the last possible pair of tickets were mine if i wasnt an idiot. oh well, im sure ill still go somehow, but it sucks using ticketmaster and i want to be at the show with real fans. please have a chuckle on my expense, i deserve it.

ok i dont feel as bad, others had the same issue and others clicked buy only to be told it was not available.
'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
'06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
'09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
'11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
'14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
'16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
'17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SuzieMSuzieM Posts: 113
    nycrats wrote:
    so i have been refreshing for the last forty minutes and something happened around 6.30 i realized as i was frantically clicking away i saw the buy key. but as i was in mindless drone mode i already refreshed and then saw the familiar temp out of stock message. i swore i would not let this happen again. well it just did at aprox 6.44 or so i clicked and did it again. its my own fault and i didnt get a third chance. the next refresh after that was sold out, not temporarily sold out. so i did get a second chance but was too stupid to act on it. cant blame anyone but myself for not having the control and patience needed. i feel like the last possible pair of tickets were mine if i wasnt an idiot. oh well, im sure ill still go somehow, but it sucks using ticketmaster and i want to be at the show with real fans. please have a chuckle on my expense, i deserve it.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I did that plenty of times. Plus, even if you hit the buy button, there's no guarantee that leads to tickets. In fact, for many people it led to being logged off, or a "sorry temporarily sold out" note.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    It sucks, but just because you click the "buy" button does not guarantee tickets. I clicked the buy button like 5 times, and then it says there are no tix left.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Dont worry about it. It prolly would have still told you it was out of stock. I got the buy button 3 times while i was refreshing and it always came up to could not be added to cart because it was out of stock. This happened to others also so i wouldnt be too upset with myself if i was you. Lets hope we can get them when they go on sale for the public
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    you guys are right, misery loves company so we can all bond over this, but lets just focus on getting them off ticketmaster. how many seats are at this venue anyone know?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    wow. so i coulda had both NY shows, but got logged out on each, then the NJ show never even had a chance. oh well.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    Save YouSave You Posts: 80
    nycrats wrote:

ok i dont feel as bad, others had the same issue and others clicked buy only to be told it was not available.

i agree just because you got the buy button was no gaurantee (no pun intended) you would have gotten the tickets, don't sweat it !
    don't gimme no lip !
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    i vaguely remember buying tix around the time of the vote for change tour and ending up on a site for the venue where the tickets were being made available. there was a time limit for the whole thing but the site was crazily bogged down and lagging cause of all the hits. well, i was in the process of paying for my tickets and everything, but each page was taking more than two minutes to load and my ten minute window was quickly coming to an end. finally i see that i have second row seats and i need to click to confirm that i want to continue with the purchase......guess who ended up all kinds of sh*t outta luck.....i had the tickets, but cause of the overloaded site, i lost it all.

the good thing though, is that tickets went on sale later that week through ticketbastard and i got some decent seats. most important though was the fact that i was able to get seats at all.

just wait till friday. ya never know...
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    Yeeeaaahhh I got right in for NYC2 and then, like an idiot, accidentally hit "buy" twice in a row. Once the you-can't-buy-more-than-one message was gone, so were the tickets.

Sucks.
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    I did this a lot, too. But even when I was able to click on the Buy button, it either said Out of Stock or forced me to log back in and lose them.
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers