Options

Genesis 3:6 connection to "Jeremy"?

Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
edited September 2008 in The Porch
In the video it blinks the Bible verse Genesis 3:6

Im not really religious, never read the bible, so what does this mean?
Genesis 3:6 (New King James Version)

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i noticed that too and my theology teacher, a dominican friar, when i asked him, said that it has to do with the fact that their is always evil in this world(serpent) and that there are ways around it. I.E suicide isnt the answer.
    Personally i don't think its correct, but he is a member of the clergy so i do trust his opinion
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
    thats the original sin. aaaaand i'm out. you'd figure 7 years in catholic school would help more than that :D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    hmm... Very interesting .. always wondered about that..
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

it means women are evil! its all eves fault we suffer!!!

p.s (eve is the woman that verse speaks of)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    the serpent was subtil

HERE

When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

eating from the tree of knowledge was forbidden and this woman corrupted adam. not sure how it ties into jeremy
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    SENROCK! wrote:
    it means women are evil! its all eves fault we suffer!!!

p.s (eve is the woman that verse speaks of)

Actually, Eve was tempted by Satan himself.

Adam was tempted by some bitch handing him an apple.

What a dumbass he was.

And from that act, all men would suffer dumbassness.
  • Options
    Dismiss it as pretentious BS if you like, but here's my theory:

Adam and Eve thought that the fruit looked ripe and delicious, they were told that the tree lead to something they wanted - knowledge. They were also told that they shouldn't eat the fruit... The end looked like the only way out for Jeremy, the 'nirvana' he wanted, if you will. Death held release and an end to the pain he was experiencing, even though he knew it was wrong.

Eve was tempted by the tree, she wanted a better life even though what she had was good enough. She took Adam to the tree and influenced him also, just as Jeremy changed the lives of those in his class. Selfishness could be a connection.

My interpretation of the connection to Jeremy is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side... suicide is not the answer, appreciate and change what you have without taking the easy route or others with you, it only leads to more pain.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    DangDang wrote:

What a dumbass he was.

fully aware it was satan. I think becuz the thread starter didnt add that in the post i didnt mention satan! :) However, i STILL blame Eve for all the suffering!!! And all the guys that ask everyday "WHY ARE WOMEN SO DIFFICULT?!!!" you can blame good ol Eve!!! :D

p.s i like Auidiosian's post!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    p.s i like Auidiosian's post!

Fanks Sen :) I thought people might think I sound pretentious :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    DangDang wrote:

What a dumbass he was.

Oh, please.
    If you read the verse where Eve is actually talking to the serpent, you'll notice that Adam was standing there the entire time, and not once did he say anything or try to stop her. Then as soon as he was caught, he blamed her and God, for giving her to him: "But...but...the woman you gave me made me do it!"
    The point of the story is that BOTH man and woman sinned, and BOTH suffered for it.
    Not sure how it ties into Jeremy...guess he gave into the temptation of ending his life?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I'm thinking it ties into when "jeremy" walks into the classroom and tosses the apple to the teacher. . .

Sort of like Adam and Eve eating the fobidden fruit and having their eyes opened to the evil of the world. . . when "jeremy" does this he is opening everyone elses eyes to a kind of evil. . . then commits suicide in front of them. . .

just my opinion.
  • Options
    diggy381 wrote:
    I'm thinking it ties into when "jeremy" walks into the classroom and tosses the apple to the teacher. . .

Sort of like Adam and Eve eating the fobidden fruit and having their eyes opened to the evil of the world. . . when "jeremy" does this he is opening everyone elses eyes to a kind of evil. . . then commits suicide in front of them. . .

just my opinion.

Great post! I didn't think of that :)

• Options
    iamica wrote:
    Oh, please.
    If you read the verse where Eve is actually talking to the serpent, you'll notice that Adam was standing there the entire time, and not once did he say anything or try to stop her.

That's because Adam wasn't paying attention. He was checking out Eve and was trying to figure out how he was gonna get his skin. He was NOT paying attention to the f'in snake. Then, it was HER who turned to him and offered him some APPLE. He thought "oh, this is gonna be easy", and said "yeah, food" (which is where, by the way, the quote about the "way to a man's heart is through his stomach" got started)
    iamica wrote:
    Then as soon as he was caught, he blamed her and God, for giving her to him: "But...but...the woman you gave me made me do it!"

Now, how typical is THAT? ADAM: "I didn't do it. It was her fault. And God's. Yeah, it was God's fault, not mine."
  • Options
    diggy381 wrote:

just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that your tie-in connection sounds about right!
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    At which point did Homer kill off Gary the unicorn?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696

I think this is a little bit closer to "Satan's Bed" Than "Jeremy"

But That's just my opinion.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    eyedclaar wrote:
    At which point did Homer kill off Gary the unicorn?

After Eve (Marge) got blamed for eating the fruit, then she was cast out of the garden, then Adam (Homer) got Gary the unicorn to help him dig a tunnel to the outside to bring her back.
    I love that episode. "So THIS is what pain feels like!" :D
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    I'm sitting here taking it all in. Thanks for everyone's opinion & input, it all holds true in my eyes. Maybe it's all true?!?

the Simpson's episode is great :)
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!