Options

BEWARE dealing with MajLreap!!!!

pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
edited May 2011 in Lost Dogs
EDIT - EVERYTHING SETTLED - Please lock thread.

OK i don't like doing this but this guy has been lying to me for 3 weeks and I don't want any of you to go thru this.

On May 3rd I paid MajLreap 158 dollars via Paypal for his "Kenyon Hall" poster he advertised on this forum. He said he'd mail it May 4th. Well no poster...

On the 13th he tells me it would go out that day or the 14th at the latest.....no poster

On the 19th he tells me he mailed it on the 18th with a tracking number that he'd give me when he got home....no poster or tracking number.

In between i have e-mailed/pm'ed him to very little response. I have started the process thru paypal to get my money back.

BEWARE dealing with this guy and if you want his name pm me..
If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Thanks for the heads up. What a bunch of b.s.
  • Options
    SO7522SO7522 Posts: 94
    I was one of the original members of the BRY site. A few years back, there was a member with the same name, majlraep, that was causing all kinds of problems with posters trades and sales. Now, I may be wrong, and this maybe not be the same person, but it is a big coincidence. Link below to BRY:

http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums ... l=majlraep

Good luck, I hope you get your poster.
  • Options
    Thanks for the links but you have to be a member to view em... I'm sure it's the same person if he's got the same forum name! I highly doubt he has the poster, if so why not mail it?

I just want my money back and if I have to I'll post his name and state right here (probably should anyways to save someone else!)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    pearljim wrote:
    and if I have to I'll post his name and state right here (probably should anyways to save someone else!)
    you dont want to do that,trust me
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    pearljim wrote:

I just want my money back

Then just file the claim with paypal and move on.

A little word to the wise ...anytime you're buying from someone on the board- you should ask for references or look on the good seller list..... You don't need to burn this guy with a thread attempting to reveal his identity....

:idea:
  • Options
    tonifig8 wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

I just want my money back

Then just file the claim with paypal and move on.

A little word to the wise ...anytime you're buying from someone on the board- you should ask for references or look on the good seller list..... You don't need to burn this guy with a thread attempting to reveal his identity....

:idea:
    I did file thru paypal but you have to do a "resolution" first....MajLreap got the message and responded with an excuse and a tracking number...we'll see if it's here May 26.

As for burning someone who totally has put off delivering his end of the bargain? Are you kidding? It's his problem and if he's deceptive he should be called out not the person who paid for the goods!

If this is the same guy who SO7522 posted about above he's using different aliases.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    robthepjfanrobthepjfan Posts: 647
    burn his @$$ ...especially if its 158 bucks..no sense in ripping people off like that..hope it pulls thro for u man ..thanks for the heads up on this guy
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me when I bought a 2006 DC Klausen from him. It did arrive and was as described but it did take 3 weeks of back and forth emails with him. Hopefully you get yours soon.
  • Options
    MajLreapMajLreap Posts: 100
    I am not the guy from BRY. I am another member on there. Also, the poster should''ve arrived by now. I even threw in a free Dan McCarthy print for your troubles. I can have many people vouch for me. I have no problem with you calling me out because of the time delay though but I don't feel like it's entirely my fault. I would never screw you out of money or your print. Call me out when I steal your money or stop communicating with you.

With that said, I am very sorry about the delay on the poster and hope you enjoy the print when get it. Let me know if there are any issues when you receive the print. Also, check paypal because I added all the tracking info there.

Also, if anyone wants to know my name, phone number or anything else to do with me, please PM me. I have no problem with giving out any info.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    just curious, what McCarthy? he's my new fav. artist
  • Options
    just curious, what McCarthy? he's my new fav. artist
    HAHA I threw in an Elder Days print..
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/128227

I have a ton of McCarthy that I am looking to get rid of. I will send you a list but beware when dealing with me :)

I know I just found a "Squid and Whale" "Homeward Bound" "Hot Chocolate" and "Winter Solstice" to name a few. He is such a fantastic artist.
  • Options
    Elder is a sweet print (from the jpeg). would love to wait a few extra days or whatever happened to snag one of those for my troubles. wish I had some spare funds laying around, always like homeward bound but it looks tough to find a frame that would fit it.

i only have night air framed. besides the ames 98 hartford, rain had a sound is my holy grail of prints
  • Options
    Elder is a sweet print (from the jpeg). would love to wait a few extra days or whatever happened to snag one of those for my troubles. wish I had some spare funds laying around, always like homeward bound but it looks tough to find a frame that would fit it.

i only have night air framed. besides the ames 98 hartford, rain had a sound is my holy grail of prints
    I can't recommend Pink Moon and Hot Chocolate enough. I have and extra Hot Chocolate that I would sell you for face.

I had a rain had a sound and sold it back in the day for $650 a few months ago. That print is really nice but not for that price IMO.

BTW the Elder Days print is great in person as well. The jpeg doesn't do it justice. It's the perfect Fall print. I am kind of mad I sent it to him now. I was going to send him a Hampton Hartford 10 print but it had a ding on the corner so I didn't want to send him a print that wasn't mint.
  • Options
    MajLreap wrote:
    I am not the guy from BRY. I am another member on there. Also, the poster should''ve arrived by now. I even threw in a free Dan McCarthy print for your troubles. I can have many people vouch for me. I have no problem with you calling me out because of the time delay though but I don't feel like it's entirely my fault. I would never screw you out of money or your print. Call me out when I steal your money or stop communicating with you.

With that said, I am very sorry about the delay on the poster and hope you enjoy the print when get it. Let me know if there are any issues when you receive the print. Also, check paypal because I added all the tracking info there.

Also, if anyone wants to know my name, phone number or anything else to do with me, please PM me. I have no problem with giving out any info.

Okay, got the posters today. They both arrived and appear to be in great shape thank you.

I feel that my going to Paypal woke you up but only you truly know. As for it not being entirely your fault, yes it was, sorry. It was you who stated it would be mailed May 4. It was you who didn't reply for a week. You who said it would be mailed the 13, the 14th, the 18th....so yeah your fault.

Anyways, it's settled and the extra print was a nice gesture.

OK folks go home now nothing else here to see.....
    :)

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    man McCarthy is my favorite.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    if you don't like that elder days print, i'll gladly display it for ya on my wall ;)
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Problem resolved, so lets EDIT this thread, or lock it up... I hate seeing people fight on these boards.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    ahill721 wrote:
    Problem resolved, so lets EDIT this thread, or lock it up... I hate seeing people fight on these boards.

Very much so
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/