Joplin Mo.

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I just wanted to ask that everyone send out prayers and some good vibes to the poor folks in Joplin Mo that were hit by last night's horrendous F5 tornado.. I have lots of friends ( most of whom I consider my family), out there and thank God they are all accounted for.. not everyone was that lucky though.. please.. send them some good vibes and some prayers the whole town could use them. 75% of Joplin was decimated by this disaster, including one of their major hospitals..Thank you for your support in this trying time..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Yeah, that's terrible. I grew up with a guy from Joplin, he hasn't lived there for 20 years probably, but I called him to check and see if all his family was accounted for. Apparently they all moved out of there over the years, but he was still pretty bummed about his hometown getting leveled like that. Understandable. But lots of people weren't so lucky. Last I heard the death toll was up to 116 and climbing. That's a hell of a tornado, apparently the deadliest in 60 years.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,729
    It's hard to imagine being in the midst of all that destruction. Yes, good thoughts going out to all there, and family friends as well.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    thank you and I need to edit my statement.. it was one third of the town that was decimated It's really weird to see all the places I'd worked or places near where I'd lived, just LEVELED. I am thankful that all of my family and friends are safe, but am soooo sad for all those ;ost their loved ones.. please continue to keep Joplin in your thoughts, they really need the support.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Just horrible. The people of Joplin are in my thoughts :cry:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    amen to that !
    i feel helpless i wish i could help
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    This spring has been horrible for tornadoes. And we're still in the middle of storm season.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,150
    i've been to joplin several times while in school in springfield. i have friends there and thankfully they are all ok as well. i just went through the damn good friday tornado in st. louis last month and now this. this is hitting all too close to home for me. i am not sure how we had no deaths in st louis and over 100 in joplin. it is just too sad.

unfortunately they are calling for more severe weather and possible tornados there today. god be with them.

i think missouri has been through enough the last few weeks...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    Just horrible. The people of Joplin are in my thoughts :cry:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    sad and scary

i'll need to get to a tv sometime today
    i miss a lot of important news

this sucks
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    thank you.. Unfortunately we are currently looking for a one year old boy( Skyler) and a Mother and her two year old son ( kelly and Jaden). Kelly and Jaden lived in a mobile-home trailer park behind St.John's hospital, which was leveled, and Skyler's parents were found last night @ 26th ans Main, but he has yet to be located.. Our family was asked to pray for their safe return so I am extending this request..Thank you.. I don't know how I'd get through this with out this place..
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    im in iowa
    not sure of the distance between joplin and me

we'll do something
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited May 2011
    Here is a link about how and where one can help out..joplintornado.crowdmap.com/main
    please any little bit helps..
    Post edited by whispering hands on
    for some reason it won't link that for me, but there's the site..