Where are all the long time board members ?

1235»

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    bump
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    IM gonna be leaving here in january ...i would love to get peoples FB info

so please....pm me your fb name if u don't hate me :lol:

its been a bumpy 13-14 years ...llol but lots of good times overall .. mostly with good people
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

its been a bumpy 13-14 years ...llol but lots of good times overall .. mostly with good people

:?: Where do you think you're going?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I don't hate you but I don't really know you :) I don't know anyone on here anymore like I did 10 plus years ago.

9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056

PM sent... :lol::lol::lol:

I kill me!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    iluvcats wrote:
    I don't hate you but I don't really know you :) I don't know anyone on here anymore like I did 10 plus years ago.

give it time.... :lol:

i kid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    whats the criteria for "long-time"?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    A lot of them are gone though. I go to shows with quite a few who don't come here any more -

idratherbe
    pjammin'
    labmonke
    purple rhino
    sigh eternally

but it depends on how far back you're going, are you going back to the hedonist days, the neenerbean days, the jayscott days???

God I need to get a new hobby :D
    :wave:

I miss PJMom, big-time.
    MayDay10 wrote:

Depends on the context. When I say, "Me love you long-time," I mean for a good five minutes at least...
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    there is a hidden meaning under that "long" word..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Criteria for being a long time member is being around from 06 or earlier and remember when this board was fun and the inmates ran this place and when the porch wasn't a craphole. Being a long time member means you were part of the reason for the aet guidelines and getting it shutdown a few times. Being a long time member means everytime you reached a posting milestone you were a different PJ song. Being a long time member means you were around when this board was free and not a pay to post where its all asskissers. Being a long time member means you remember the YIELD crew or staying up late on Friday night listening to PJ with fellow PJ fans who you never met and had a kick ass time.

That's what it TRULY means to be a long time member
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Being a long time member means you remember the YIELD crew or staying up late on Friday night listening to PJ with fellow PJ fans who you never met and had a kick ass time.

No, no, that just makes one a PJ nerd. Pretty sure I always had better plans than hanging out in the PJ pit on a Friday night.

I was with you until then though...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

i hate you but were already FB buddies. :P 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Criteria for being a long time member is being around from 06 or earlier and remember when this board was fun and the inmates ran this place and when the porch wasn't a craphole. Being a long time member means you were part of the reason for the aet guidelines and getting it shutdown a few times. Being a long time member means everytime you reached a posting milestone you were a different PJ song. Being a long time member means you were around when this board was free and not a pay to post where its all asskissers. Being a long time member means you remember the YIELD crew or staying up late on Friday night listening to PJ with fellow PJ fans who you never met and had a kick ass time.

Ahhh yes. I think I was a "Ghost" before the board change.

The synergy board was fun too.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

honestly....I think the AET went to shit in the last couple months before it got shut down, and it's never really been the same since.
    Before that period, it was a lot more....I dunno....intimate?
    People posted lots of personal stuff, looking for advice...more stuff about relationships, career, sports/movies etc....actual topics....less inside jokes, less trolling, less 'what are you_____right now' or 'the _____game' type threads...
    I think it all went downhill when they moved the 'who's online' from the top of the AET page, to the bottom ;)
    I also miss the old riot act skin....and the festivus one!

anyone have the links to the archived screenshots of the forums' evolution? haven't seen them posted in a long time.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    anyone have the links to the archived screenshots of the forums' evolution? haven't seen them posted in a long time.
    http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/forums.pearljam.com
    You won't be able to see the old threads, but at least you'll be able to peep the old look (and who was online).

Edit: Here's one you can browse: http://web.archive.org/web/201002072311 ... rljam.com/

If you want to go even further back: http://wayback.archive.org/web/19990101 ... //PearlJam
    honestly....I think the AET went to shit in the last couple months before it got shut down, and it's never really been the same since.
    Before that period, it was a lot more....I dunno....intimate?
    People posted lots of personal stuff, looking for advice...more stuff about relationships, career, sports/movies etc....actual topics....less inside jokes, less trolling, less 'what are you_____right now' or 'the _____game' type threads...
    I think it all went downhill when they moved the 'who's online' from the top of the AET page, to the bottom ;)
    I also miss the old riot act skin....and the festivus one!

yes i totally agree bout the way the aet has turned into. it's like what the WWE has turned into, all pg and boring. the old riot act skin was the best skin. always had that once cept for the holiday season when the festivus skin was around.

Snakeduck wrote:

No, no, that just makes one a PJ nerd. Pretty sure I always had better plans than hanging out in the PJ pit on a Friday night.

I was with you until then though...
    well good for you, like i really care :P . those pj listening parties on Friday nights sure as hell beat the crapland the AET has turned into.

You won't be able to see the old threads, but at least you'll be able to peep the old look (and who was online).

Edit: Here's one you can browse: http://web.archive.org/web/201002072311 ... rljam.com/

If you want to go even further back: http://wayback.archive.org/web/19990101 ... //PearlJam

YESSSSSS..THE GOOD OLD DAYS....NOT THE CRAP WE HAVE NOW!!!

SYNERGY!!!!!! THATS LONGTIME
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

YUPPERZ
    iluvcats wrote:

u know my real username
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

Nice! Thanks :)
    I remember lurking synergy, maybe posted once or twice...started posting regularly after the new forums were created - looks like that was 04, under Eddiemonton....reading the online names from 04 is nuts...I always wonder how many of those people are still around w/different names, and I didn't notice the change.
    Crazy to think how much time I've spent here :fp:

god i miss the old board dearly. thanks for bringing back those good memories of the board.

• LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    I've been looking for a sock that went missing, everyone says the dryer ate it, but I know it was something far more sinister.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    hello you
    how goes it?
    guess where i'm at?
    in a hog thingy on the farm

IOWA

moved back home

you are a regular posting whore this week....you going to pj20?
    yes i will be attending pj20. i hope to meet up with you & others while attending the show. if i remember correctly i owe you 7 beers & you owe me 8 or 3 beers

we'll have a drink from the way it sounds.

see you there, dude! just fax me
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce