Options

"Faithfull" lyric question...

im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Do you think Ed really says/means "you are a furry thing," like it says in the booklet or is he just messing with us and really saying "you are everything"? "You are everything" makes a LOT more sense.
San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think he's just messing with us because I've heard live versions where he clearly sings "you are everything"
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    ...the YIELD booklet says "furry thing"...
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    I always thought that was one of their odder lyrics, I've never heard it as "you are, you are everything." Hmmm...thought provoking...
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    ive always wondered this, guess ed likes hairy chicks :o
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    awesome version Brisbane 2006... he sings furry thing.... and everything...

it's gotta be a ref. to something....