TOO much information

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Does that even exist anymore? Some of the things I have heard people on the train talking about on their cell phones:

Spending the weekend in jail.
Flipping their car over and running from the cops.
Their sex lives (very explicit language).
Their drug use.

And just now, I’m outside at work and I see a woman that works in my building that I haven’t seen in a few days. So I say, hey Carol, how are you I haven’t seen in a few days. I’ve been so sick she says, I shouldn’t even be here now. I said, well don’t get me sick. And she says, every time I cough I bleed from my rectum.

Really? REALLY?

You just told that to a person you have a casual work relationship with.

REALLY?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    She's fine, it's a cover story, she's telling everybody that so word gets around and her ass is covered.
    The more embaressing the story is the less likely people will question it.
  • gundagunda Posts: 97
    must be one hell of a cough
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i tell you nothin

whenever i hear somebody say hello to someone on cell phone, i say hello to them....or if i hear a their statement i might go "Oh"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I know how you feel... I just met a new co-worker today, and within the span of our 3-hour shift, she told me every sad (and what should have been private) story of her life.

When I first meet someone, I really don't want to know how many times their son's been in jail, all of their various health conditions, the reasons for their divorce or the manner in which each of their late relatives has died (all of which I learned about this person today).

For goodness' sakes, I haven't even learned the person's last name yet. :shock: :?
    You will be no one's rival....

~Cincinnati, US Bank Arena - June 24, 2006~
    ~Chicago, United Center - Aug. 24, 2009~
    ~Columbus, Nationwide Arena - May 6, 2010~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 3, 2011~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 4, 2011~
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I know how you feel... I just met a new co-worker today, and within the span of our 3-hour shift, she told me every sad (and what should have been private) story of her life.

When I first meet someone, I really don't want to know how many times their son's been in jail, all of their various health conditions, the reasons for their divorce or the manner in which each of their late relatives has died (all of which I learned about this person today).

For goodness' sakes, I haven't even learned the person's last name yet. :shock: :?

nice user name. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    sounds like most of my days at work. in fact, that one is kind of mild compared to what i hear. :lol:

...but i'm used to it. In a normal work envirnment, it is kind of TMI. What did you say? Did you ask her about it? 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,240
    there's a site like that in new york http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Does that even exist anymore? Some of the things I have heard people on the train talking about on their cell phones:

Their drug use.

And just now, I’m outside at work and I see a woman that works in my building that I haven’t seen in a few days. So I say, hey Carol, how are you I haven’t seen in a few days. I’ve been so sick she says, I shouldn’t even be here now. I said, well don’t get me sick. And she says, every time I cough I bleed from my rectum.

Really? REALLY?

REALLY?

Maybe you should offer to check the oil.
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

Really? REALLY?

REALLY?

omg that's crazy. lol definitely too much info. that ain't grandma and grandpa's small talk. lol but then maybe she just feels that comfortable around you to say that--I'm sure there are other people she wouldn't say that too. maybe it just means you give off a very laid back vibe. or it could be a cover story like the dude above said.
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    And she says, every time I cough I bleed from my rectum.

Really? REALLY?

REALLY?

Maybe you should offer to check the oil.

omg lol that's f&%king disgusting.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :o
    geeezzz!!!
    sometimes too much info on these forums too!!! :P
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

Their drug use.

Really? REALLY?

REALLY?
    tell her to use lube next time and maybe she won't be bleeding from her rectum
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    metsfan wrote:

Their drug use.

Really? REALLY?

REALLY?

Yeah.. what she failed to tell you is how she got "sick".
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dcfaithful wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Their drug use.

Really? REALLY?

REALLY?

Yeah.. what she failed to tell you is how she got "sick".

Sounds like she's been to Scotland.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    poor thing.... she's probably beside herself with worry...
    damn thats scary

I think you are an open nice person and maybe give that vibe
    so you probably bring openness out in others.
    Also your posts are insightful maybe she thought your advice helpful
    but yes thats shocking for you.

I hope she gets an answer to her problem very soon :?
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I think nowadays it's perfectly fine for people to say what they want

Me I don't like conversing with people I don't know
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Not a cool thing to read when eating!!! :sick: :silent: :lol:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mmm...people are in their own little bubbles, don't think about what they are saying...

I learned lots of things about my co-workers that I had no desire to know... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,976
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mmm...people are in their own little bubbles, don't think about what they are saying...

I learned lots of things about my co-workers that I had no desire to know... :?
    no shit!!!!

Excuse me, I'm here to work. NOT listen to a bunch of shit from your personal life. And when I say work, I mean work hard at getting out of doing much.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm pretty much a private person, but yes people do tend to tell me things, I guess because I usually have a smile on face when I see someone. I'm a friendly person and I genuinely like people and I guess I do give off that vibe, but still.

I never really had a chance to reply because she kept going on about how her co-workers all think they're doctors and are trying to tell her what's wrong with her.

apparently I wasn't the only one she shared this info with.

She did say she's going to the doctor on Friday.

the problem is, how do you forget something like that? I will forever remember that EVERY time I see her.

yuck.

Sorry if I grossed anybody out.
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    pain in the ass I sit next to at work has no filter. she was on the phone with her doctor's office trying to set up an appointment to come in because she "has this rash that she just can't seem to get rid of"

gimme a break...no one else wants to hear all of your problems
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm pretty much a private person, but yes people do tend to tell me things, I guess because I usually have a smile on face when I see someone. I'm a friendly person and I genuinely like people and I guess I do give off that vibe, but still.

I never really had a chance to reply because she kept going on about how her co-workers all think they're doctors and are trying to tell her what's wrong with her.

the problem is, how do you forget something like that? I will forever remember that EVERY time I see her.

yuck.

I'm like you P&E...I'm usually smiling and in a good mood, lots of people tell me things I just didn't want to know, I just smile and nod. Your story didn't gross me out...the most recent story I heard was much more graphic...and it wasn't from the persons involved, it was from a friend of a frend who knew the people involved...so even 'friends' don't keep your personal life 'private'!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like she's been to Scotland.
    That Scottish flu can be a pain in the ass.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    :shock:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    sounds like most of my days at work. in fact, that one is kind of mild compared to what i hear. :lol:

...but i'm used to it. In a normal work environment, it is kind of TMI. What did you say? Did you ask her about it? 8-)

Worse than Trixie doing squats? (wow I wish that was a metaphor or something)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

yuck.

i find it funny given your sig!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Right, but we take it the conventional way, through a big ass needle :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

this kills me...you tell anyone and everyone you've got a bloody asshole and the get annoyed when people give you advice?

i'm getting tired of the attention whores
    norm wrote:

this kills me...you tell anyone and everyone you've got a bloody asshole and the get annoyed when people give you advice?

i'm getting tired of the attention whores

you hit the nail on the head, she is definitely a me, me, me person