anyone ever seen snl in person?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone here ever attended SNL?

from what i hear, on thursday, they do a read thru which i suspect the host is involved in, then friday more rehearsal, saturday is another rehearsal, and then most interestingly, they do a dress rehersal in from of a studio audience a couple hours before the main show, and then of course they do the final live show.

I found it interesting they had so many rehearsals, especially one so close to the live taping.

if you get tickets to see SNL does the audience get to see the dress rehersal and then get to stay to see the real thing?

part of charm of SNL has always been its spontenaity, and it often seems like in my mind theres no way the host prepared that much for it. Especially the politicians. Is this accurate do you think?

also would you all agree, in our lifetimes, for our generation, the golden age of SNL was 1995 until 2000 or so?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391

from what i hear, on thursday, they do a read thru which i suspect the host is involved in, then friday more rehearsal, saturday is another rehearsal, and then most interestingly, they do a dress rehersal in from of a studio audience a couple hours before the main show, and then of course they do the final live show.

I found it interesting they had so many rehearsals, especially one so close to the live taping.

if you get tickets to see SNL does the audience get to see the dress rehersal and then get to stay to see the real thing?

I went to a rehearsal once. I can't even tell you who the host was. It was so long ago. I don't know how it works now, but back then, we couldn't stay for the live show ~ that required separate tickets.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425

part of charm of SNL has always been its spontenaity, and it often seems like in my mind theres no way the host prepared that much for it. Especially the politicians. Is this accurate do you think?

also would you all agree, in our lifetimes, for our generation, the golden age of SNL was 1995 until 2000 or so?

I dunno when Farley, Sandler and the rest of them left, but that was the best that I've seen.

I've never heard there was that much rehearsal. I know they do a full run through before they cut some skits.

I do know the band hardly rehearses and play right off of sheet music quite a bit.