Human trash of the world.

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Long story short, a childhood friend of my girlfriend is having a nervous breakdown. She has an abusive father who beats his wife and has beaten her, violently once in front of my girlfriend when they were children.

I guess a few nights ago he beat the mother pretty badly again, and now her friend needs her there for support. We've both agreed the only advice to give her is to turn the fucker in, but as in most of these cases, that never happens. Caused by love? Fear? Who knows..

She's coming to my girlfriend now for support and fears he maybe following her. She's scared to death of him.

What do you tell someone in this case if they aren't going to turn him in?

I told my girlfriend, be there for her I guess, but don't get involved. If he threatens my girlfriend I'll see to it he never has full use of his arms again. :evil:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If there's a child in danger and the adults who are supposed to be responsible are unwilling to do anything, you have to go to the cops yourself whether you want to or not.

Sorry, but you know what's going on and if the doormat women are willing to take it, you're going to have to step in.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    If there's a child in danger and the adults who are supposed to be responsible are unwilling to do anything, you have to go to the cops yourself whether you want to or not.

Sorry, but you know what's going on and if the doormat women are willing to take it, you're going to have to step in.
    I don't know the people. I don't even know their names. I'm just going by what my girlfriend told me today about a conversation she had last night with a friend she hadn't spoken to in years.

I will try to get more info. She's talking to her tonight. I would just hate to put my girlfriend in harms way if I did do something and the cops don't have enough proof to take this guy out.

It's one of those situations I'd like to stay out of because I know I'm not just going to have mean words if something happens because of me.

What needs to happen is for the victims to stand up for themselves.
  • It's a hard situation, for sure.

But kids involved... I do hope someone steps in if the mother isn't willing to.
    It's a hard situation, for sure.

I think it was a one time situation. I would hope the mother is keeping them away.

If my girlfriend gets sucked into the problem, I'm going to get sucked in.. and I have friends, cops, who would get my back in a heart beat. I'm sure this trash has no one to back him up. I just really don't want to get us involved.

Really I'm just worried about my girlfriend. I'd want to wipe this trash off the earth before it would even become a problem for us.

Hopefully this friend of hers does the right thing.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    If anyone EVER harmed my kids or anyone I knows children I would not hesitate to go to the police! The problem with the world today is people don't get involved in each others lives. There is so much isolation and bystander apathy - that someone else will dob them in, why should I get involved. If you don't, who will.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    get a name and address on call the cops or child services
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 752
    if you know a child is being hurt the natural thing to do is call children's services

you do not have to give your personal information

if the friend is at your house he gets there, call cops

she can't do it she pretty much is asking you to do it
    If there's a child in danger and the adults who are supposed to be responsible are unwilling to do anything, you have to go to the cops yourself whether you want to or not.

• MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 752
    one time?

you said he beats mom and daughter how is that one ime?

Gob wrote:
    It's a hard situation, for sure.

I think it was a one time situation. I would hope the mother is keeping them away.

If my girlfriend gets sucked into the problem, I'm going to get sucked in.. and I have friends, cops, who would get my back in a heart beat. I'm sure this trash has no one to back him up. I just really don't want to get us involved.

Really I'm just worried about my girlfriend. I'd want to wipe this trash off the earth before it would even become a problem for us.

Hopefully this friend of hers does the right thing.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    81 wrote:
    get a name and address on call the cops or child services
    yeah. I think you can make anonymous reports on that kind of thing.
    I got an update from my girlfriend. She talked to her friend and it doesn't sound as bad as she originally made it out to be, but it's still bad none the less. No children are in danger and we both agreed if we thought that there were, we would definitely take action.