FUCKIN' GRADUATING COLLEGE

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
GOD DAMNIT

I have a week left until graduation, and I am just bummed out that I didn't get drunker, higher, and laid more to live up these last 4 years as much as possible.

At the same time I'm also bummed that I only gave 50% of my effort in school....college was kind of easy.

Time to enjoy the summer and then go into slavery.
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    go back.

for real.
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    congrats man. major? prospects?
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
    manutd3581 wrote:

Sport Communication

No prospects, just going to have a drunken summer and then figure it out from there :)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    manutd3581 wrote:

Sport Communication

No prospects, just going to have a drunken summer and then figure it out from there :)
    nice man. im a broadcast major, looking to get into the sports broadcast field. i was on a sports talk show this past year (my first) at my school, and am starting a sports talk show at my college radio station with my buddy. also calling football/baseball games next year
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Congrats, that's awesome!! Flew by, huh? At least that's what I hear! I finish my freshman year of college on Wednesday which went by in an instant! Excited for summer for sure, but also highly looking forward to the next 3 years of school!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • jdpancoastjdpancoast Posts: 34
    samjam wrote:
    Congrats, that's awesome!! Flew by, huh? At least that's what I hear! I finish my freshman year of college on Wednesday which went by in an instant! Excited for summer for sure, but also highly looking forward to the next 3 years of school!
    I just finished, you think the first year went by, wait for the next few (4 in my case). Time of your fucking life. Live it up, take out loans, get drunk, worry about it later!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There's not much more than this (Live at Garden)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Get a job you bum....congrads
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    jdpancoast wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    I just finished, you think the first year went by, wait for the next few (4 in my case). Time of your fucking life. Live it up, take out loans, get drunk, worry about it later!

Shouldn't be a problem :)
    College is definitely living up to all the hype so far! Can't believe the year is coming to an end! And I'm pretty sure the best is yet to come!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    congrats

i had a unique experience in that i was a studier all my life, and by the last term of my college career, i started to question all of it. I never skipped a class EVER in my life and I started to seriously consider it. I couldnt concentrate on the stuff and none of it made sense. i attended all classes religiously but i'd sit in lecture and it would be like they were speaking another language. I started to care about things like the weather, sunshine, flowers, living life to the fullest all that stuff. I was a studier. I never went to parties, ever. And got good grades. I was an A and B student. School was something i was good at. And i enjoyed it. But by that final term, it really didnt matter anymore. I remember clearly, i had this huge exam coming up the next day, and I was taking a walk at 9 at night, to blow off steam. The exam was worth the majority of my grade, and I honestly didnt want to study. In the past, i was able to tune out the other stuff, the music, the movies, friends, whatever and put my nose to the grindstone and get the studying done. But by this time, i wanted to watch a movie, and i honestly couldnt get myself to study.

in other words i had a complete breakdown. That breakdown was the single most important and painful event of my life. My twenties, im 27 now, have been pretty rough, but also, the struggle to become who i am is also pretty damn exciting as well.

Its an odd time in history. The economy, and how NO ONE really can get a job, especially not fresh out of college job seekers. the whole catch-to get a job you need experience, but to experience you need a job

so i dont envy your position but know alot of us are in the same position. my twenties have been a horrid time.

hope you have better luck!

I think Dustin Hoffman put it best, your twenties is your question mark decade. you decide what you want to be.