Citizen Kane

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The #1 movie on AFI Top 100 is coming out on Blu-ray

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PI ... g=abswo-20

Bonus Disc: The Magnificent Ambersons (DVD)
Bonus Disc: RKO 281 (DVD)
Bonus Disc: American Experience: The Battle Over Citizen Kane (DVD)
Commentary by Peter Bogdanovich
Commentary by Roger Ebert
The Battle Over Citizen Kane Documentary
Opening: World Premier of Citizen Kane Vintage Featurettes
Interview with Ruth Warrick
Interview with Robert Wise
Storyboards
Call Sheets
Still Photography with Commentary by Roger Ebert
Deleted Scenes
Ad Campaign
Press Book
Opening Night
10/30/38 Mercury Theatre Broadcast of War of the Worlds (Audio Only)
10/28/40 KTSA, San Antonio Broadcast of H.G. Wells Meets Orson Welles (Audio Only)
Theatrical Trailer
I miss igotid88
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Sweet 8-)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I have it on 8mm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    81 wrote:
    I have it on 8mm

:lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I have yet to see it
    I miss igotid88
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Rosebud?!
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Like, finally.
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    I like that movie a lot...but honestly, I think it is highly overrated.

Besides music, one of my major hobbies is classic film, and I am a long-time classic film collector and TCM junkie. And while CK is a great movie, I can think of several that I think are better.

Plus, I'm not sure that blu-ray is going to do much for many classic films. I mean, it's not like any of the source material for these films is HD..... We might get a very small improvement...but not enough to repurchase the film again.....
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

Besides music, one of my major hobbies is classic film, and I am a long-time classic film collector and TCM junkie. And while CK is a great movie, I can think of several that I think are better.

Plus, I'm not sure that blu-ray is going to do much for many classic films. I mean, it's not like any of the source material for these films is HD..... We might get a very small improvement...but not enough to repurchase the film again.....

I've always wonder about how much hey can improve on older films
    I miss igotid88
    I've never seen it.
    But having watched some scenes on youtube and read about it on wikipedia it looks like worth a viewing.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I've never seen it.
    But having watched some scenes on youtube and read about it on wikipedia it looks like worth a viewing.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

Same here. I've only sat down and watched it once, and while I enjoyed it, I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I think maybe the monstrous amount of hype the film has just set me up to be somewhat disappointed. But Chinatown had a similar amount of hype, and when I finally got around to watching it about a year ago I wasn't disappointed.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I've never seen it.

You quoted me but did not say anything lol????
    I've never seen it.

You quoted me but did not say anything lol????

It just means I agreed with what you wrote

I didn't see the whole movie either

;)

I've seen people do that on here, never knew it meant you agree, thought it was a glitch in the posts. lol.
    I've seen people do that on here, never knew it meant you agree, thought it was a glitch in the posts. lol.

sometimes it might be...especially if I've been drinking

:lol:

bump
    I miss igotid88
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    igotid88 wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

I've always wonder about how much hey can improve on older films
    They definitely can. It's analog converted to digital, rendered at either 480i (DVD) or 1080p (Blu-ray). Older films may not look as sharp as newer films, but there are definite improvements. See the Wizard of Oz.

Example.. http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/bdreviews ... comp03.jpg

The left image is DVD, the right is blu-ray. It looks less blurry, but grainier, but still more clarity.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    this film is nowhere near my top movies of all time list and i've seen it 3 times ... but i can see how it makes the top simply because of its innovation at the time (although i think he was inspired by the german filmmakers then) ...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I really like the movie. It has to be one of first to end without the cliched 'happy ending'.
    #FHP