a very fucked up thing happened to me last night

blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
my favorite singer is eddie vedder. my wife supports all my pearl jam crazieness. goes to all the shows with me and dosen't complain about all the money i spend...so her favorite singer was in town last night..a woman named adele...we tried to get tickets on the day the tickets went on sale..went to the venue and waited in line,only to go home empty hannded..last tour by this singer coulden't get tickets either. face vale of the tickets was only 30 dollars but on e bay or stub hub you couldn't touch one for less than 250..so i waited..and watched for the prices to drop putting money before my wifes passion...sadley the prices only went up...600 a ticket 2 hours before the show...my wife smiled and acted like it was fine but i knew i blew it i've let her down a second time..something she has never done to me..i would have never stopped until i had pearl jam tickets..so one hour before the show i decide to take her to the concert and scalp tickets she was so excited!we paid to park she got in line and i saw some guys scalping tickets so i went over they said 150 a ticket as i said 250-600 a ticket on line so i jumped i handed over 300 dollars got my 2 tickets and got in line with the wife the line moved and we started to enter the venue..until they scanned our tickets :oops: fake tickets!no show no happy wife and no more 300 dollars for lousey 60 dollar tickets..can't belive i let her down again.beautifull woman that she is she smiled and tried to make "me"feel better like it was me who not seeing they're favorite perfomer..i felt so stupid so violated but mostley dissapointed that i got my wifes hopes up only to let her down again...fucking scalpers i hope that guy needed the money for his family..the basterd.today i feel so empty and stupid and sad. :cry: next tme adele comes i'll go legit and pay whatever i have to pay to see my wife smile.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Mate, that is totally fucked up. I am sorry for you and hope you can sort it next time Adele comes your way.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Sorry to hear that.

I would be fuming :evil:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    It happens all the time here at sporting events, people buy off eBay and get shafted.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    That really sucks. At least you tried. But that IS a really f'd up thing they did. Sorry bastards.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    oh..so sad...sorry for that :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • That's just down right FUBAR. Scalpers are assholes!
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    That totally sucks, I hope something very bad happened to the scammers on their way home and I totally feel for you, but I have to ask this. Why is this all on you? She could have gotten the tickets herself, no?

You say that you wouldn't have stopped until you had PJ tickets, so maybe this really wasn't so important to her otherwise she'd have done the same for herself instead of leaving it up to you.
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    That is fucked up, sorry to hear that.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    That is So Wrong!!! you put the effort in and fucked.
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    JTH wrote:
    That totally sucks, I hope something very bad happened to the scammers on their way home and I totally feel for you, but I have to ask this. Why is this all on you? She could have gotten the tickets herself, no?

You say that you wouldn't have stopped until you had PJ tickets, so maybe this really wasn't so important to her otherwise she'd have done the same for herself instead of leaving it up to you.
    i guess she could have..but in 19 years together and like 50 concerts together i have gotten all the tickets so the respsonsbility was mine..besides she's too selfless to spend large ammounts of money on herself..i have to force her to get anything for herself...she's all about giving to our children and me..she's my unsung hero..i let her down...i did take her to a nice dinner after we didn't get in the concert..food was good,her company was better 8-)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    that sucks dude, sorry to hear
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    That sucks....You're a good dude for even hoping the money went to his family. I'd be rantin about him finding a real fucking job...

Maybe you could go to the next show at the venue and bust the guy.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    go back to the next show and find the douche.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    go back to the next show and find the douche.
    i just might do that..but then again last thing i need is ANOTHER arrest for assault :) besides i probably woulden't be able to i.d. him..i don't know if you know what people are usually scalpers in philly..but they all look alike to me
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Dude... that's horrible

Does this ADELE have a fan club you could sign up for and get tickets for next time?

Hopefully they have good servers :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Unless the guy did really need the money to feed his fam. Karma will kick his ass.

That sucks the internet is a great thing and a horrible thing. No concert ticket should cost 600 i don't care what the lineup is. That is just pure greed plain and simple.
    My butt itches!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm sorry to read about this - that totally sucks !!!

I have to say - you and your wife have a wonderful marriage and she is truly a beautiful woman. Don't worry about this Adelle person - what goes around will eventually come around.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    Never, EVER trust scalpers.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    blenderman69, I feel horrible for you and your wife. You were trying to do a nice thing. You wife was probably glad that your heart was in the right place though. I am so sorry. :(
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    that is awful, totally not fair :(
    then again, don't feel too bad - you tried, a lot of effort and you took her out to dinner afterwards. Your wife will definitely appreciate that - so you don't need to feel guilty. You didn't let her down, that scalper did.
    Karma - what comes around goes around, hopefully next time Adele tours you'll be able to see her. And that a-hole scalper will get what he deserves :x
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    that certianly is fucked up blender...you can just never ever trust scalpers but like you said, in your situation, you would have done anything to get into the show. Just out of curiosity were they paper-fast tix that you print at home or hard ticketmaster stock? That print at home ticket makes it so easy for assholes to simply make copies and sell. I think that paperless tickets are going to be the norm for the bigger more in-demand artists within the next year or so.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    That sucks! Hopefully next time she comes back around she plays a bigger venue, but not too big. Since her last album 21 she has exploded in popularity, and deservedly so. I have to agree with your wife, she is an incredible singer. You're a better man than me being able to enjoy a nice dinner after that... I would have stewed about being ripped off and been poor company!

If you want to make it up to her see if she like Florence and the Machine, I think there are still tickets for that show at the Festival Pier through ticketmaster. Won't be Adele, but it would be a nice night out with the wifey!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm so sorry Dan that's horrible and is happening often now.

Some people only care about themselves, they just don't care who they hurt.

You are a lucky one to care so much about others, to be a good person, to have a good heart.
    that certianly is fucked up blender...you can just never ever trust scalpers but like you said, in your situation, you would have done anything to get into the show. Just out of curiosity were they paper-fast tix that you print at home or hard ticketmaster stock? That print at home ticket makes it so easy for assholes to simply make copies and sell. I think that paperless tickets are going to be the norm for the bigger more in-demand artists within the next year or so.
    hard ticketmaster tickets they were even strung together..thats why i bought them
    pandora wrote:

You are a lucky one to care so much about others, to be a good person, to have a good heart.
    pandi my friend you are my inspiration...i don't care about money it's only a tool...i just wanted to give my wife a night of "her" music...tonight i'll sing adele songs to her until she makes love to me ;)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

pandi my friend you are my inspiration...i don't care about money it's only a tool...i just wanted to give my wife a night of "her" music...tonight i'll sing adele songs to her until she makes love to me ;)
    you are rich in love yes!

Adele is awesome I hope she gets a chance to see her one day... me too! :D
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    :o:o:o:o:o:o
    Oh I'm so sorry mate, that is absolutely horrible!!!! What a prick for doing that to you, hope he gets his one day! That's so incredibly mean-spirited, it is beyond me hoe anyone could do that. I'm so sorry for your wife, I hope she gets to see her another time. :(
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    That is just fucking awful ... but I admire that you are able to show empathy in thinking this bastard may have needed the money for his family ... I would have been seething for days.
    Your a good man doing that for your wife and to do the meal in place of the gig was very sweet.

Adele is and amazing artist and with a voice like her's she's here for the long haul I think so I hope and trust your wife will get to see her next time.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Sorry to hear that...scalpers are such scum...maybe bad karma will come his way.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    i am worried about that situation so I make sure I buy tickets from somewhere they are guaranteed.

too many scumbags out there.