I'm proposing to my gf tomorrow

Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So I'm taking the plunge and popping the question to my girlfriend tomorrow...

I'm going to have a little something set up at our apartment and ask her during the day tomorrow. Then I have a party planned for tomorrow night at my parents house where all of our friends and family will be to celebrate. I'm nervous, anxious and excited at the same time. I'm pretty sure that she has no clue that this is coming this soon so hopefully everything works out!

What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good plan or what???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Right on dude!

I just hope she doesn't ever browse around here :?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    good luck..it will be fine
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Right on dude!

I just hope she doesn't ever browse around here :?

Thanks man.

I dont think I have to worry about her browsing on the 10c message board before tomorrow afternoon, if ever.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    go for it... when i proposed to my now wife, i knew i wasa gona do it soon, but sure when, as it turned out one night at fireworks night, we sat on hill watching the fireworks go off, and i thought... now or never, moral or the story, as long as your both ready for the next step........ good luck mate, and hope all goes to plan.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    go for it... when i proposed to my now wife, i knew i wasa gona do it soon, but sure when, as it turned out one night at fireworks night, we sat on hill watching the fireworks go off, and i thought... now or never, moral or the story, as long as your both ready for the next step........ good luck mate, and hope all goes to plan.

Thanks a lot.

We're both definitely ready. The only reason she has no clue it's coming this soon is because I've thrown a few comments out there to make her think that. We've been dating for several years, it's just been more of a financial thing as far as being ready...
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    good luck buddy. went and did that a year ago and next week i am getting married to her. hopefully you will have the same good result :D
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

I'm going to have a little something set up at our apartment and ask her during the day tomorrow. Then I have a party planned for tomorrow night at my parents house where all of our friends and family will be to celebrate. I'm nervous, anxious and excited at the same time. I'm pretty sure that she has no clue that this is coming this soon so hopefully everything works out!

It sounds like a great plan. Good luck man!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Best of luck to you and Congrats :D
    Cheers!!!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    good luck!

Did you make sure to invite those important to her?

Be prepared for her and her friends to have the entire wedding planned an hour or so after she says "yes"!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    That's great!

I'm sure she'll say yes. Best of luck to you my friend! :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Good plan and best of luck!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Wow, that's very exciting. Romantic too. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    good luck!

Did you make sure to invite those important to her?

Be prepared for her and her friends to have the entire wedding planned an hour or so after she says "yes"!

Oh yeah, all of her close friends and family will be there. I actually scheduled this around when her Mom would be in town too since she lives out in New Mexico.

haha, I'm sure the wedding planning will start immediately.
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    just remember..............

she probably doesnt know you as well as some people on this board. thats just a guess based on the 2300 posts
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    dont plan a party unless you are 100% certain the answer is gonna be yes
    and telling her close friends is a bad idea-she will find out

just saying....
    just make the commitment to her...plenty of time for parties
    Get_Right wrote:
    dont plan a party unless you are 100% certain the answer is gonna be yes
    and telling her close friends is a bad idea-she will find out

just saying....
    just make the commitment to her...plenty of time for parties

I'm more than 100% certain.

But thanks for your positive words!!
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    That is so awesome!! Well done! Good luck and let us know how it goes... :D
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    This thread needs a voice of reason. Dont do it. :P

Best of luck....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    congrats dude!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559

Amazing plan! I hope she is speechless.
    Awesome of you to have planned something to celebrate- she'll love that.

CONGRATS!!
  • mcveddrmentmcveddrment Posts: 48
    Good job waiting for the financial part. Hope it works out
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    congrats!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PapPap Posts: 28,802
    Congratulations and good luck! I recommend you to start your honeymoon from the PJ20 weekend. ;)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,973
    doomed to fail. you picked the wrong forum page , pal!!! you're on page 666!!!! :mrgreen:

Good luck dude.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Awesome!!! Do it, i still remember the first time i proposed and the second, but i got her eventually, thats all that matters.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Good luck getting to sleep tonight, my friend! :lol:

Best of luck to you, although I don't think you need it. ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    1. Did you ask Dad for permission?

2. Make sure you get on one knee

3. Practice a few times, when I did it on a trial run I had marbles in my mouth, so get the nerves out a bit with some practice on what you'll say and how you will present the ring (if one is bought)

4. Be prepared for tears, kisses, and a hug that will snap your spine

Good luck and enjoy the moment it should be a one time deal hopefully
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    I asked a year ago yesterday...

Just got married last month. Good times.

Have fun.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    good luck and congrats!!!! :D
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    NoCode416 wrote:
    I asked a year ago yesterday...

Just got married last month. Good times.

Have fun.

Nice, congrats. 2 years of marraige for me on Monday.

OP, good luck. It's an exciting time. Marriage isn't as bad as everyone says. I have a great girl and our relationship hasn't really changed much since we got married...biggest difference for me is wearing a ring (which took some getting used to).

Congrats to follow...let us know how things work out