Anyone ever stay at the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle?

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Is it worth the dough?

Any other hotel recommendations?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Led Zepplen stayed there...never been there...the W hotel is pretty swanky, some friends stayed there and I saw the room.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Led Zepplen stayed there...never been there...the W hotel is pretty swanky, some friends stayed there and I saw the room.

My wife wants to stay there because of the music history aspect of the place!

I looked into the W, but I am trying to avoid the hipster places! A man of my advanced age (45) desires peace and tranquility!
  • KL40564KL40564 Posts: 71
    Mudshark.

This is possibly the most famous hotel in the history of rock and roll. It involves Led Zeppelin, fishing out their window, and a groupie.

This doesn't answer your question. But... to discuss the Edgewater hotel on a rock band forum and not bring up the topic would be an issue. I remember making it a point to drive by and see it.

sorry for the diversion, i couldn't help myself. If you do stay there, though, read Steven Davis' 'Hammer of the Gods'.

Lono
    www.IamCorrect.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

My wife wants to stay there because of the music history aspect of the place!

I looked into the W, but I am trying to avoid the hipster places! A man of my advanced age (45) desires peace and tranquility!

:lol: I understand. Go stay at the Edgewater then, I haven't heard anything bad. I hate the hipster places as well. ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • You want Seattle music scene and non-hipster? Check out the Hotel Max in Seattle and request a room on the 5th floor. Every door is dedicated to the Seattle "grunge" era- it's really quite stunning actually. All the doors are classfully wrapped in Charles Peterson photos. Very nice hotel on top of all that shit...
  • NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    I have never stayed there, but I do know they had a bed bug out break last year.
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Edgewater is in Beltown, you'll be trading in hipsters for douchebags.

Beltown - Sleazebag/douchebag mecca

Capitol Hill - Hipster mecca and zero parking
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Edgewater is in Beltown, you'll be trading in hipsters for douchebags.

Beltown - Sleazebag/douchebag mecca

Capitol Hill - Hipster mecca and zero parking

Uh oh, Bedbugs and douchebags have entered the equation!

I would opt for hipsters over douchebags.....in case I moth off to someone, it is easier to defend myself against a hipster!