Facebook virus....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Did anyone get it?
A lot of my friends had the same message posted.
One of my friends had the same paragraph appear three times on his wall, something about him calling someone a faggot.
Facebook has since erased the virus, happened quick.

All be aware not to click on links on your wall.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joshmassjoshmass Posts: 72
    Yeah affected me.

had 2 posts on my wall telling me to kill myself :shock:

Strange stuff
    "this is Eddie saying I am a rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick"
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    So my step daughter lives with us on the weekend and she goes on facebook alll the time when she stays. Can't get on facebook when she stays with her dad during the week cause they still are on dial up.........thats what you get for living in the country. Anyways, if she got one of these posts on her wall already, will it stay there until she deletes it or by facebook taking care of the virus, does it erase the virus. Just want to let her know when she gets here tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated as I have never become a member of facebook and know nothing about it and I just got a new laptop (only had it a month now) and don't need a virus yet.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • I had 4 or 5 on my wall but Facebook deleted them id assume it would be the same for everyone :)
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    BLACK35 wrote:
    So my step daughter lives with us on the weekend and she goes on facebook alll the time when she stays. Can't get on facebook when she stays with her dad during the week cause they still are on dial up.........thats what you get for living in the country. Anyways, if she got one of these posts on her wall already, will it stay there until she deletes it or by facebook taking care of the virus, does it erase the virus. Just want to let her know when she gets here tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated as I have never become a member of facebook and know nothing about it and I just got a new laptop (only had it a month now) and don't need a virus yet.
    The only way your computer would be infected with a virus is if your step-daughter clicks on a link in one of those wall posts. Just remind her to be careful with any links and to definitely not click any link that is strange or attempting to lure you in as described in the other posts. You can never be 100% safe against computer threats
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    ^^^^^^^
    Something is wrong with my phone and cut out the last part of what I typed...

I was saying that you can never be 100% safe against threats, but a little common sense goes a long ways in prevention.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    My brother clicked on the ==VERIFY MY ACCOUNT== virus that someone posted on his wall. It then posted it to all of his friend's wall twice. At least it was at 1 in the morning and most weren't on.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i saw one virus on fb that said the nuclear plant in japan had exploded and then used a picture of a mushroom cloud as the thumbnail... another advertising a video showing a teenage girl committing suicide... how low can you get?? :x :roll:

what do people gain from these? do they actually extract the info you have on fb when someone clicks?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    what do people gain from these? do they actually extract the info you have on fb when someone clicks?

they get the same thrill that the kids who mess with the golfers do...stupid shit. and yes, it can take all the info from your FB account and prob other stuff off your computer, some viruses will even destroy your hard drive.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    ^^^^^^^
    Something is wrong with my phone and cut out the last part of what I typed...

I was saying that you can never be 100% safe against threats, but a little common sense goes a long ways in prevention.

Thanks
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    People read this and please be careful....

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-news-bl ... 1exfr.html
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014