New Job

brother123brother123 Posts: 792
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
It's driving me mad.

I start my new job on Sept 5th and the job I have now, is driving me nuts.

I mean through all the drama, bullshit and so forth, how does one deal with it?

Needless to say I don't give a shit anymore at the present job. I come in and do my work, on time and still care about putting out a good product but other than that? I don't give a fuck.

How do people do it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    smoke pot :P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    metsfan wrote:

:lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    already been answered
    there ya go
    'nuf said
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    um yeah. No pot for me. Havent smoked since I was a teen, no desire to now
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    whatever you do, keep working and putting in effort. and NO BAD MOUTHING YOUR FORMER BOSS to your new one. they friggin hate that
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Travels WithTravels With Posts: 580
    Finish well. I've always thought you learn more about someone on their way out, than you do when they first start. Character my friend, it's not always easy.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Finish well. I've always thought you learn more about someone on their way out, than you do when they first start. Character my friend, it's not always easy.

True and you never know when you may cross path with someone from your former work, and it may come back to bite you if you leave on bad terms.

But why so long til you star your new job? And your current work are happy keeping you round knowing you'll be gone in a few months? I know a lot of jobs will only give you 2 weeks, and some I know of, depending on what you do will give you til the end of the day to finish up if you resign or tell them your leaving.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    brother123 wrote:
    It's driving me mad.

I start my new job on Sept 5th and the job I have now, is driving me nuts.

I mean through all the drama, bullshit and so forth, how does one deal with it?

Needless to say I don't give a shit anymore at the present job. I come in and do my work, on time and still care about putting out a good product but other than that? I don't give a fuck.

How do people do it?

I've just gone through a similar thing, but transferring from one store i work at to one more locally.
    the store i just left is a bigger store more pressure and more bullshit from the managers, and to add to the fact that my line manager was an asshole.
    so when i learnt i was getting my transferr, and still had 2 weeks left to work there, I just dealt with it profesionaly, just went in did my work. ignored all the BS and went home, knowing that i had the last laugh.

not to sound like i'm blowing my trumpet or anything, but i was multi-skilled in 4 areas of work, where others are only skilled in 1. and as one workmate put it... there goes another good worker.

so back to the point, just carry on going in, keep your head down and don't give them any reason to give you grief.... although you do have longer to deal with it, so might be a bit tougher for you... just hang in there, and good luck mate.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    But why so long til you star your new job? And your current work are happy keeping you round knowing you'll be gone in a few months? I know a lot of jobs will only give you 2 weeks, and some I know of, depending on what you do will give you til the end of the day to finish up if you resign or tell them your leaving.

First of all, the job doesn't become available till then, it's a school job.

secondly I have not told my present boss I'm leaving. I wouldn't give that prick the satisfaction of letting me go early.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    don't tell anyone esle either even if you think you can trust them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Tough it out brother, and do what you're doing, a good job, on time, everyday. Trust me, I work in human resources, you want to leave on good terms all around.

Have I ever steered you wrong in the past buddy? Trust me. :D
    Yeah I know

this was mostly a rant/letting of steam thread.

I know the protocol, work normal, don't tell the boss, and leave on good terms

I'm just so sick of this place and can't wait for better pastures
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    RKCNDY wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

:lol:
    lol
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    brother123 wrote:
    Yeah I know

this was mostly a rant/letting of steam thread.

I know the protocol, work normal, don't tell the boss, and leave on good terms

I'm just so sick of this place and can't wait for better pastures

this board serves that purpose well at times. :lol:

let it off here, not there.

I'm excited for you though.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Keep your head down and do your job... when it gets shitty just think of how nice 9/5 will be... Good Luck!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?