My Brother Passed Away

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
At 49 Rest In Peace...very sad story...I really hope he is at peace now and I believe he is...my brother lived such a troubled life since at least high school...he battled alcohol and drug addiction since high school and could never conquer these addictions...he had stroke a few years back and the medical problems continued 1 after the other...he lived out west, so we did not see each other often, but he always sent our mother a card/gift for mothers day and called her, he did not call and she began to really worry and called the police...the police informed her of the bad news...so sad that this news came on mothers day and that he died alone.

I just really hope he is now at peace!

I took 2 things as sign's that he is...

1. it was suppose to be rainy this past weekend, it turned out to be sunny and beautiful...my brother loved the sun and was always outside on nice days.

2. he loved rabbits and on Monday there was 2 rabbits hopping around my parents back yard.

Thanks for letting me type this...
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    My deepest condolences to you and your family. Dealing with a troubled sibling is really hard sometimes. I, too, hope that he has finally found peace. (((hugs))) to you.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I'm very sorry to hear of your brother's passing. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I hope he has found peace at last. Sending warmest thoughts your way.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    so sorry..R.I.P.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I am so sorry to hear that, it is lovely that you saw those little signs though. My Mother says butterflies are a sign from her mother and I love that. Once again, my condolences.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    My best to you and your family.
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    So sorry for your loss,Just woke up and reading this saddens me cause i once lived like that..Gives me the creeps cause if i didnt chance me life then i could be my brother who had this same story to tell... :cry:
    My deepest condolences to you and your family and thoughts and prayers are send by this..
    I realy hope he has found peace for his troubled soul.......

Appie
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • foursymbolsfoursymbols Posts: 527
    RIP lukin2006s bro, troubled soul... :(
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • PapPap Posts: 28,803
    Please accept my sincere condolences.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Very sorry for your loss.
    Nice shirt.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    So sorry for your loss, my thoughts out to you and your family
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm sorry for your loss.... may your brother find some peace...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    lukin2006 wrote:
    At 49 Rest In Peace...very sad story...I really hope he is at peace now and I believe he is...my brother lived such a troubled life since at least high school...he battled alcohol and drug addiction since high school and could never conquer these addictions...he had stroke a few years back and the medical problems continued 1 after the other...he lived out west, so we did not see each other often, but he always sent our mother a card/gift for mothers day and called her, he did not call and she began to really worry and called the police...the police informed her of the bad news...so sad that this news came on mothers day and that he died alone.

1. it was suppose to be rainy this past weekend, it turned out to be sunny and beautiful...my brother loved the sun and was always outside on nice days.

2. he loved rabbits and on Monday there was 2 rabbits hopping around my parents back yard.

My heart breaks for your Mama.

Peace and loving thoughts and prayers for you and all who loved him.

I know this loss and I believe in the signs.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    sorry for your loss
  • byttermanbytterman Posts: 136
    Deepest condolences to you and your family...
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I am sorry for your loss. I do hope he has found some peace.

take care,

stb
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hey man ... that's shitty ... i hope he is in a better place and that you and your mom and family are ok ...
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    So so sorry for your loss. Keep looking for those little signs. They'll help to get you through. RIP.
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    so sorry to hear this very sad news. I hope he is loving his new life in whatever lies beyond the world as we know it.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Very sorry for your loss.
  • Alive 83Alive 83 Posts: 38
    My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I lost someone close to me 3 months ago to alcohol abuse. I hope you, your family, and your brother all find the peace you deserve.
    Blame it all on chemical intercourse...

*Denver CO April 1 2003
    *ACL Oct 4 2009
    *Columbus OH May 6 2010
    *Noblesville IN May 7 2010
    *Bridge School Oct 23+24 2010
    *PJ20 Sept 3+4 2011
    **Eddie Solo:*Detroit June 26th 2011 *Chicago June 29 2011
  • Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    Sorry to hear it, man.

I hope you gain strength from this tough path.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • loveontwolegsloveontwolegs Posts: 501
    Love and light.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Angel_anim.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,597
    lukin2006 wrote:

really sorry to hear this man. i have a sibling battling through the same kinds of stuff and i've always kind of thought it could end like this for him as well.

thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    www.myspace.com
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. Hugs, prayers and my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    wow. words fail me at the moment. my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. pm sent.

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I am very sorry to hear about your loss...Writing about it helps, if you want to pm me feel free.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So sorry for your loss.

I love your 2 signs from him!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I am so sorry for your family's loss. I hope your brother has found peace at last. Find comfort in those signs. Warm thoughts to you and your family.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I am sending your brother, your mom, you, and all who knew him, peace, love and light. Take care.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!