Parks and Recreation

brother123brother123 Posts: 792
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else watch this?

I absolutely love this show. Great cast and story lines.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Love it. My favorite show on network tv. I've been a big fan since the first episode. Really happy NBC gave it another year.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Nearly finished watching the second season, always been a fan of Amy Poehler. In some ways it's funnier than The Office.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Me and my mom LOVE this show!!! I think it's really funny, been a fan since the second season, really good show! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Its so nice to see actual comedy on tv again..Parks & Rec,Community,Raising Hope,The Middle,Modern Family, all funny shows ...I don't know how they pull it off without a laugh track letting people know when they are supposed to laugh.. :roll:
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Season three has been so fucking funny. Way better then the 1st two, they were great. Ron has had some classic lines this season.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    ron swanson is an american hero.
    www.myspace.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    Great show. I was glad it came back from the break or whatever it was. There must be a writer the went to Indiana University on the staff with the different southern Indiana references. Being a Purdue fan and grad, I especially enjoyed the scene where the coach of the little kids basketball team throws the chair across the floor (wearing a red sweater, too).
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

Love that guy, my role model
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

anyone who loves breakfast as much as that man is okay in my book.
    www.myspace.com
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQub2Is0TA3QNMKWX58XtEq2qvJSleNyl1BI45e1PoPk4P5L5PX&t=1
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Swanson is great. Best character on the show.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    n some ways it's funnier than The Office.

Yeah, I haven't watched a whole episode.....but, I dvr The Office and always set it to end late adn I've gotten more laughs from the few minutes of P&R that I watch than entire episodes of THe Office lately.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I love the Tom Haverford character. He always has one moment each episode that I burst out laughing. And Andy Dwyer has become hilarious this season.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • DewieCox wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    n some ways it's funnier than The Office.

Yeah, I haven't watched a whole episode.....but, I dvr The Office and always set it to end late adn I've gotten more laughs from the few minutes of P&R that I watch than entire episodes of THe Office lately.

I have been with The Office the whole way and I am a huge fan of that show. Having said that, Parks and Rec is completely slaying them right now. The first season was rough but oh my how they have picked up steam. You really should check it out!
    its a shame hardly anyone watches this show
    www.myspace.com
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Posts: 2,762
    I absolutely love Parks And Rec...I haven't liked a comedy on television this much since Seinfeld. Love everything about it. even made a GIF a few weeks back...

tammy-jerky-o.gif
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Best show on TV, hands down. Not even a question.
    5374968133_b662006cfa.jpg
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I love the Tom Haverford character. He always has one moment each episode that I burst out laughing. And Andy Dwyer has become hilarious this season.
    Best Tom Quote:

I call sandwiches "sandoozles" or "Adam Sandlers", I call Desserts "Zerts", I call entres "Tre tres", I call noodles "long ass rice", I call eggs "future birds" or "pre birds", I call cakes "big ol' cookies", I call Chicken "Chicky Chicky", I call Chicken Parmagiana "chicky chick parm parm"
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Best Ron Swanson Quote:

(excited because he found an old typewriter)

"I'm going to type every word I know: Rectangle, America, Megaphone, Monday......butthole"
    Best Tom Quote:

I call sandwiches "sandoozles" or "Adam Sandlers", I call Desserts "Zerts", I call entres "Tre tres", I call noodles "long ass rice", I call eggs "future birds" or "pre birds", I call cakes "big ol' cookies", I call Chicken "Chicky Chicky", I call Chicken Parmagiana "chicky chick parm parm"

"chicky chick parm parm" is the best.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    +1

This year it has really come in to it's own. Eclipsing the Office by far this year.

Rob Lowe's character was a great addition as well.
    Ron Swanon: "This is a hamburger....made of meat....with nothing on it. You can add ketchup....I Don't care"
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Best Ron Swanson Quote:

(excited because he found an old typewriter)

"I'm going to type every word I know: Rectangle, America, Megaphone, Monday......butthole"

That is fantastic. My favorite on the pyramid

"Crying: Acceptable at funerals and the grand canyon"
    I love it when they are hunting and Ron says to Leslie

"You're a real stand up guy"
    "Hey Leslie, I'm having my brothers over to watch the Super Bowl next week. Why don't you come on over and shoot me in the head."

the episode was hillarious.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    +1

This year it has really come in to it's own. Eclipsing the Office by far this year.

Rob Lowe's character was a great addition as well.

So much better than the office.

Rob Lowe is "literally" a great addition to the show.

Anne Perkins
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Posts: 2,762
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Rob Lowe is "literally" a great addition to the show.
    Anne Perkins
    From "literally" on, I actually read your post in Rob Lowe's voice...amazing.