first year of college DONE!

Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Just took my last exam today, and handed in all my final projects and what not. had such a great first year, especially with the people I met, even though I am a commuter. Got involved with the TV club early, ended up an analyst/host on a sports talk show and hosting my own late night talk show for the TV station. Looking forward to doing more next year, but definitely NOT looking forward to my Human Biology class over the summer :? . last science class ever, figured Id get it over with.

oh, and i see Cage The Elephant tomorrow at Terminal 5 in NY for the THIRD TIME! Gonna crowd surf until my pants fall off, then continue onward....
MSG II 5/21/10
Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
*formerly manutd3581
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    Also congrats to all the graduates this year!
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mmm co eds. :P

congrads on year one...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,375
    I graduated 13 years ago this Saturday! D'oh!!!!!!!
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Finished my first year a couple of weeks ago. God I can't wait to be done!!

Good job!
  • Congrats!

I'm going back in the fall. Ahhh, seven years ago I was 18 units shy of graduation.

And now I'm finally going to be back! I'm gonna be that older dude on campus. My baby face should bring me back down a bit though. :lol:

By the way...don't do it my way. Finish it now that you've started. Fuckin' A, life can wait.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I graduated 13 years ago this Saturday! D'oh!!!!!!!

i don't remember the date, but it was after the spring quarter 14 years ago. how time flys.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    it's been 22 years since i gradu....er, left college :P
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:
    old people... :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,151
    Congrats! Enjoy your next few years!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    congrats on your first year! :thumbup:
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Next month I'll be finishing my first quarter :lol: And, I'll be turning 30 years old :?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Keep up the good work. You will be amazed at how quickly you are going to be posting "I'm graduating next week"

MARK MY WORDS. :D
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:
    add one... :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:
    add one... :?
    another older than Empire state building here..... :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    high_five.gif
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    congrats :D

Have fun tomorrow - Cage the Elephant are a great band, i really like their music , a great way to celebrate i think :thumbup:
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265

Good job!

No! Don't say that! That you "can't wait to be done" ;) - Once your job and real responsibility kick in, you'll wish you were back!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Keep up the good work. You will be amazed at how quickly you are going to be posting "I'm graduating next week"

MARK MY WORDS. :D

ain't that the truth.

I couldn't wait to graduate college. Then I realized how much tougher it is to work everyday (and I love my job). congrats on year 1...enjoy the ride. college is the best
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Those college years fly by.

Wow do I miss college.
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Nitro wrote:

Good job!

No! Don't say that! That you "can't wait to be done" ;) - Once your job and real responsibility kick in, you'll wish you were back!!

I am a mature student. I can no longer support myself in the lifestyle to which I was accustomed :lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Those college years fly by.

Wow do I miss college.
    yes, they do--and I do, too!! :D
    Congratulations everyone finishing up a semester, graduating, returning, whatever it is you're up to....it's the best time ever (and never too late)! <3 I graduated in December 2001 and I swear it seems like it was 2 years ago, and seemed like the whole 4 1/2 years lasted about 2.. Best time ever!! (can't stress that enough) :lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Congratulations on finishing year one!

Now, only nine more to go, if you do what I did, and just keep on going back.

;):lol: :?

And if you really want to see your spouse cry, just say, "You know, I was thinking I'd really like to get a degree in..." and watch the shaking start.

Good times.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I'm a freshman as well! Finished classes today, also had my first exam. Kicked its ass :D Still have a week to go though, I leave next Wednesday. Crazy to believe freshman year is over, it went super fast!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    samjam wrote:
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I'm a freshman as well! Finished classes today, also had my first exam. Kicked its ass :D Still have a week to go though, I leave next Wednesday. Crazy to believe freshman year is over, it went super fast!
    yea it went so much faster than i thought it would have. time to reward myself by spending money on concerts, hopefully starting with Eddie. (STILL SEARCHING)
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    manutd3581 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!

yea it went so much faster than i thought it would have. time to reward myself by spending money on concerts, hopefully starting with Eddie. (STILL SEARCHING)

Concerts are always the best reward!!! So many concerts this summer that I want to go to. Have tickets for a few, still looking to get tickets for many though (Eddie solo 6/22 included! fingers crossed!)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Congratulations on finishing year one!

Now, only nine more to go, if you do what I did, and just keep on going back.

;):lol: :?

And if you really want to see your spouse cry, just say, "You know, I was thinking I'd really like to get a degree in..." and watch the shaking start.

Good times.
    :lol::lol: I keep going back too---not only does my family moan but so does my wallet! Have to work now and pay off student loans. :o It's work, school, work, school... and I don't even really work anymore in the fields I have degrees in.. I always say I'm a career student, of life and otherwise. :D Still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up. As if. :lol: