so i got this bottle of moonshine...

dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
my grandpa gave me a bottle of moonshine. he said the neighbour from down the street made it.

it looks really cloudy and unclean though. :?

but i'm thinking if it came from my grandpa it has to be alright..... right???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Right :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Yeah...um..sure :?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    it came from these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A

so it's the real deal! :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    it came from these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A

so it's the real deal! :mrgreen:

:thumbup:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Its been nice knowing you
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    My wifes grandfather once gave us a bottle of champagne..It wasn't good....Maybe it's just paint residue from the rag he was dipping in it?
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I think you should be fine drinking it. I have a friend from down south that makes his own apple pie moonshine. He brought me a mason jar full of it, it was cloudy and strange looking, but delicious and I'm still here after drinking it. Good luck :)
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    autumn wrote:
    I think you should be fine drinking it. I have a friend from down south that makes his own apple pie moonshine. He brought me a mason jar full of it, it was cloudy and strange looking, but delicious and I'm still here after drinking it. Good luck :)

delicious?

thats impossible.
  • autumnautumn Posts: 191
    dCowboyPJ wrote:
    autumn wrote:

delicious?

thats impossible.

No seriously, I swear it was really, really good. I didn't expect it to even be edible, but I thouroughly enjoyed it and I wasn't the only one. A bunch of people had it and loved it. I swear he could bottle that stuff and people would buy it. It really tasted like apple pie! It's the only moonshine I've ever had so I'm not sure if this is unique or not. Let me know how yours is!
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Keep in mind, a bad batch of bathtub booze can cause blindness.. where are you?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

Agreed. I am not sure I would drink it, and I am from PEI :lol:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I think it entirely depends upon how much your grandpa loves you. :? ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479

i always thought it was just the newfies who drink anything.
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

i always thought it was just the newfies who drink anything.

Well islanders are pretty fond of their booze too!
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    Cloudy and unclean doesn’t sound right to me, but it depends what ingredients were used and how it was distilled, it can be deadly if it's not done properly. At my folks place we have quite a few bottles, I remember watching my grandma make the last batch about ten years ago, we use plums to make ours and the liquid is clean and clear, also my dads friend sometimes gives us a bottle and it’s clean to.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    sandgroper wrote:
    Cloudy and unclean doesn’t sound right to me, but it depends what ingredients were used and how it was distilled, it can be deadly if it's not done properly. At my folks place we have quite a few bottles, I remember watching my grandma make the last batch about ten years ago, we use plums to make ours and the liquid is clean and clear, also my dads friend sometimes gives us a bottle and it’s clean to.

Shifty European business ;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Go for it.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Has your grandpa consumed some of said cloudy beverage? yes/no?
    If he has and is still kicking, it's good....if he's not doing so hot...don't drink it.

I know someone that made some apple pie moonshine, wasn't cloudy. Tasted really good...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I think it's supposed to be clear; any that I've ever seen was. :? Did you ask your grandpa isn't it supposed to be clear?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I'll be right there!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,971

I've heard of people going blind, too. Good luck!