Early onset of Parkinson's

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone know much about this? I've been getting opinions from a couple doctors and have an appointment with a nuerologist in the coming weeks. I have terrible termors in my hands, constant muscle tweaks or spasms when I lay down at night and some pretty violent spasms that will wake me out of a deep sleep.

I'm on some strong meds for bi-polar disorder but I've been on a certain level for a while and it's weird to just have this show up.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Have they already ruled out that it could be coming from your bipolar meds? I don't know very much about it, but I am somewhat familiar.
    Good luck.
  • Anyone know much about this? I've been getting opinions from a couple doctors and have an appointment with a nuerologist in the coming weeks. I have terrible termors in my hands, constant muscle tweaks or spasms when I lay down at night and some pretty violent spasms that will wake me out of a deep sleep.

I'm on some strong meds for bi-polar disorder but I've been on a certain level for a while and it's weird to just have this show up.

I wish you the best...I can't say much on it because I don't know much about Pakinson's.

My grandfather has Parkinson's but they caught some of the syptoms early enough that they were able to treat it with medication before it got too bad. His early symptoms were more stomach related than anything, he had trouble eating and some problems with tremors...
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I hope all turns out to be a false alarm dude. ;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I'll say a prayer all goes well with your doctor's appointment.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Sorry to hear this...hope all turns out to be okay. My best friend's mother was diagnosed with Parkinsons almost 25 years ago. She was able to manage her symptoms with medications very successfully and without many signs for close to 20 years. In the past few years she has had to become much more symptomatic so she has been forced to be much more aggressive with her treatments but she is still hanging in strong and fighting hard. ...I wish you the best of luck!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    thoughts are with you, man. hope the doctors are able to help you asap.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com