Options

Fave Beastie Boys Instrumental Song

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited May 2011 in Other Music
I love all the instrumentals on Ill Communication, but since I am only picking one, I would have to say Transitions.
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    I love "Sabrosa." When I saw them in '04 on the TT5B tour, they did an instrumental set in the middle of their show dressed as a wedding band in tuxes, and started into that as they rolled out that stage set.

Also, another instrumental favorite off The Mix Up is "Off the Grid." Great song. One of the best and most underrated shows I've ever seen that I'd love to see again was their Gala Event show where they played all instrumental songs and reinterpreted songs like "So What'cha Want" and "Sure Shot." Incredible.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    The entire Mix-Up album is outstanding. "Off The Grid" would probably be my favorite.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The entire Mix-Up album is outstanding. "Off The Grid" would probably be my favorite.

I bought The Mix-Up, and to be honest, I haven't given it enough chances. I need to listen to it more. Did you get the bonus tracks to it? There are like 6 or 7 extra songs. I got my hands on them a while ago.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

I bought The Mix-Up, and to be honest, I haven't given it enough chances. I need to listen to it more. Did you get the bonus tracks to it? There are like 6 or 7 extra songs. I got my hands on them a while ago.

Yeah I got the bonus tracks. I love the Beastie's instrumentals. Between "The Mix-Up" and all the other instrumentals that make up "The In Sound From Way Out!", you can put this stuff on in the background at a BBQ, while you're working out, while you're having sex, whatever....and it always fits the situation.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Yeah I got the bonus tracks. I love the Beastie's instrumentals. Between "The Mix-Up" and all the other instrumentals that make up "The In Sound From Way Out!", you can put this stuff on in the background at a BBQ, while you're working out, while you're having sex, whatever....and it always fits the situation.

Yeah, they definitely have a certain groove to them.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    "The In Sound From Way Out" is a GREAT disc.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    "The In Sound From Way Out" is a GREAT disc.

Agreed...some of the best instrumentals they've done.