R.I.P Seve Ballesteros

Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Have had tears in my eyes all day, my favourite sportsman of all time. A true genius, legend and gentleman. The way he fought his illness over the past 3 years with such dignity has been a true inspiration to all.

RIP Seve, gone but never forgotten.
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bignumptybignumpty Posts: 139
    A great character, a great golfer and one hell of an inspiration to European golf.

Seve will be sadly missed.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited May 2011
    Terrible loss. And still very young, a shame. One of the greatest golfers and certainly the most influential European golfer to play the game.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    RIP Seve

One of the greats. He will be missed.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,797
    RIP Seve

My pops unfortunately passed from the same type of cancer a little over 3 years ago at roughly the same age :(

I also work for a company hq'd in Spain, he is a giant over there. My buddy's a golfer from Spain and Seve's a big influence

Sorry for his family
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I was reading the news online yesterday and he was given the last rites, then on the evening news I found out he passed away.
    RIP.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014