passing away of a pet

we-were-but-stoneswe-were-but-stones Posts: 676
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
hi everyone,

i felt i needed to make a post about this :( last night my girlfriend had a call from her sister saying her dog bailey , a jack russell puppy had been ran over outside her house and had to be put down,

my girlfriend has a puppy of the same breed, bella, her picture is on my avatar and the two of them got on so well together, they were best buddies, we took them out together only last week in the woods and they loved it ,

my gf used to take bella round to her sisters house regular for them to play together

i feel pretty gutted about it and my gf and her sisters family are too, its such a shame these things have to happen, i cant imagine how they must be feeling ,

R.I.P Bailey :(
manchester 00
manchester 09
belfast 2010
hyde park 2010
manchester 2012 1&2
amsterdam 2012 1&2
EV manchester 2012
EV london 31/7/12
brooklyn 2013 1&2
milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Sorry to hear this happened. :cry:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Posts: 266
    So sorry to hear this...... :cry:.....as a dog owner/lover my thoughts are with you.

Forrest.
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
    2024 - Indy, Wrigley Field x 2, Auckland x 2, Gold Coast, Melbourne x 2 & Sydney x 2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    So sorry to hear about this, RIP Bailey.
  • jhatheway51jhatheway51 Posts: 49
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I would not know what i would do if i lost one of my two dogs. R.I.P. Bailey
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    RIP Bailey :(
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • so sorry to hear of the loss. Our pets are part of our family, so their loss is felt just as much. Be well.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    sorry to hear this :( RIP Bailey
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Rip Bailey.

Just lost my dog so i know how you feel! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Poor thing. It's always hard to lose a pet. :(
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    aw, that's terrible news. :( RIP Bailey. <3
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    oh that's so so sad. So sorry. I'm sure Bailey is running in the rushes now near the rainbow bridge. RIP Bailey.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • MC170228MC170228 Posts: 36
    I am sorry to hear this too. It is so sad. My dog Henry is my other half, he goes everywhere with me. I often wonder what will happen when he is no longer lying next to me as he is right this second. I feel lucky that I have a dog in my life. To me they are like a gift from the universe. They are always happy to see you and never judge. They are here for such a short time that they cram a lot of happiness in our lives in that short time. Rest in peace, I am sure that many people who got to experience that little soul will still think of them from time to time, and smile.

Best wishes,
    Matt and Henry
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Sucks to lose a pet. Fee horrible for you, but also for the poor little pup. RIP Bailey

lost my Bailey in December. Still cant get over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbz3qLIjbc
    Smellyman wrote:
    Sucks to lose a pet. Fee horrible for you, but also for the poor little pup. RIP Bailey

aww..I am sorry for your loss, as well. That video was so so sweet and touching, it made me cry. I have a cat, Early, who is 17. My life is going to be forever changed when his time comes. The loss of a pet is so deep and painful. Peace to both Baileys.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Smellyman wrote:

Lovely tribute. It takes a long while, I know. My Hankie has been gone nearly a year now, and its still a fresh open wound sometimes. But its getting better. I was able to go to the Doggie Thread and actually look at photos and read my own tribute to Hank, just yesterday, and although it brought a tear to my eye, I was able to read through it all without a total breakdown....so, hang in there, it does get better. It really does. The memories turn sweet :)
    9321_1101233622283_1569971158_30244394_4758063_n-1.jpg

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow....
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn's rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush,
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there, I did not die.

RIP to all the lost doggies..and kitties..Hankie is waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge.

To you..and to the OP..and all others here, you may find that The Doggie Thread will help you through your grief..and beyond. I'm sure they won't mind my sharing: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80212

The Rainbow Bridge

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
    Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
    Where the friends of man and woman do run,
    When their time on earth is over and done.
    For here, between this world and the next,
    Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
    On this golden land, they wait and they play,
    Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
    No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
    For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
    Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
    Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
    They romp through the grass, without even a care,
    Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
    All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
    Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
    For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
    Together again, both person and pet.
    So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
    The time of their parting is over at last.
    The sadness they felt while they were apart,
    Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
    They embrace with a love that will last forever,
    And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    AWWW! That was awesome. Thanks for posting it. It is beautiful.
  • thank you to everyone for their kind words, the youtube clip of bailey was very touching and the poem from stillhere was beautiful

wish the little fella could be brought back somehow

take care everyone
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm so sorry ... so much love and support here for you

I have a poem too from when Jake passed almost 3 years now. He lived a long life. We have too lost pets when their lives are shorten. Its hard to understand but never is there a better time for the old saying then for your beloved pet ....
    'It is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all'

'Welcome Home'

When I am gone, Release me, Let me go-
    I have so many things to see and do,
    You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
    Be thankful for our beautiful years.

I gave to you my love, You can only guess
    How much you gave to me in happiness,
    I thank you for the love you each have shown,
    But now it's time I traveled alone.

So grieve awhile for me, if grieve you must,
    Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
    It's only for a time that we must part,
    So bless the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on.
    So if you need me, Call, And I will come.
    Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near,
    And if you listen with your Hearts, you'll hear
    All my love around you soft and clear,
    And then, when you come this way alone
    I'll greet you with a smile and say

"Welcome Home"
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    oooh so sorry to hear this :( about both Baileys
    I've lost my first dog few years ago and that was like losing one of my friends...our pets should live much much longer
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    I am so sorry for your loss. Nothing pains me more than losing such a loving friend, and reading these posts can't help but remind me of the friends I have lost too. Remember the wonderful journey you and Bailey had, and when it feels right, there is a new friend in a shelter waiting for you to save them and start another amazing journey. Until then, R.I.P. Bailey, and I hope you find some comfort in your memories. Take care!
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • mzklvspjmzklvspj Posts: 55
    I am so sorry for your loss..they are our family..such a difficult thing to go through.

Being in rescue I unfortunately have had to help many dogs that we rescued too late or that were forever ours dogs too ill to adopt out to the bridge when it was there time. It never gets easier. I hold each one and talk to them so they leave knowing comfort and love.

My own furkid, and rescue helper Mooky is nearing his time at age 16..at least I have the luxury of planning and preparing.

I simply could not imagine loosing one of mine in an accident. So sorry for your loss.. Remember the joy Bailey brought to your lives.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I won't have a pet cause it would eventually die and when I was younger my parents treated every dog like shit and when I was 14 my grandfather left the fence open and my dog got out and 2 days later my dad and I were looking for him and saw him dead in the road. I cried for days and promised myself I would never go through that again. It's not worth it for me.
    I'll be back
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I won't have a pet cause it would eventually die and when I was younger my parents treated every dog like shit and when I was 14 my grandfather left the fence open and my dog got out and 2 days later my dad and I were looking for him and saw him dead in the road. I cried for days and promised myself I would never go through that again. It's not worth it for me.
    I'm sorry that was your experience and that you feel the way you do. You are giving up a lot of love and happiness that comes from a pet. They ask so little of us and give us so much. IMO that more than outweighs the sadness of their deaths.

To the OP, it's never easy to lose a pet but try to focus on the joy that Bailey brought to everyone's hearts. I second the recommendation for the Doggie Thread. You will find many caring people there.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    So sorry for your lost.. :( Especialy a Jack Russel who is very active and loyal and a good pal..
    I lost 7 dogs in my life and its always hard to deal with..4 of them were Jacks so its also my favorite breed.

Thoughts and prayers send to you and your family to get trough this sad period in life...

Baily..rest in peace..
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts