Road Rage....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/road-r ... 6051543121

A similar but not violent thing happened to me not too long ago.
I was driving 60kmph (the limit) and some guy behind me started tailgating then high beaming then swerving left and right behind me, he then went into the wrong lane to get next to me before speeding past.
Some psychos on the road.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Frankston.

nothing more needs to be said.

but seriously why would the woman open her door? but if i was a woman by myself and some guy had been tailgating me then got out of his car and started heading towards mine i'd lock the doors and drive off, even if i had to run a red. hell, being a man i'd probably do the same thing, i'm 6'2 and could defend myself if needed but you never know if the guy is gonna pull a metal pole, knife or gun, so it's best to just try and avoid needing to defend myself.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Frankston.

nothing more needs to be said.

but seriously why would the woman open her door? but if i was a woman by myself and some guy had been tailgating me then got out of his car and started heading towards mine i'd lock the doors and drive off, even if i had to run a red. hell, being a man i'd probably do the same thing, i'm 6'2 and could defend myself if needed but you never know if the guy is gonna pull a metal pole, knife or gun, so it's best to just try and avoid needing to defend myself.

Yeah I am same size as you and 90kg :P
    But that is being big boned, I need gym work to get some rock hard mass muscles.
    But even then every nut is armed these days.
    You must be from Melbourne originally? How do you know the scummy areas lol?

Another episode not long ago, I joined the freeway and out of nowhere some junky looking bogan cuts in front of me from the far right lane and starts going mental at me whilst slowing down, making gun gestures with his hand like he is shooting at me, then he slowed down and was pointing for me to pull over in the emergency lane.
    I seriously don't know wtf sparked his rage as I had just joined the freeway and he was already on it in the far right lane.
    He was turning his head to look at me and was going nuts, so I started to go off back at him and was shouting "what" and had my arms out wide as in to gesture what.
    Then he speeds off in the emergency lane and went out of sight.
    My heart was still beating when I got home lol.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    My heart was still beating when I got home lol.
    Good thing otherwise I think you would be dead. ;)
    #FHP
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The craziest part is when you have someone acting like that, and they get around you on maybe a 2 lane highway, and then you both end up at the same stop light 5 miles later. Its like that road rage and speeding and desperate passing didn't gain the person anything anyway. I live near a school zone where you are supposed to go 20mph for a stretch (because there's LITTLE KIDS GOING TO SCHOOL), and its pretty high enforcement (there's frequently a somewhat concealed trouper with a radar), and while I go 20mph whether they're there or not, it is amazing how many people ride right on your grill to try to intimidate you into speeding. People just need to chill on this. I have a clean driving record and I'd like to keep it that way.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hate slow poeple....move the fuck over and get out of my way :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

hey f*** you, we are road users to :lol:;)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    I go extra slow when people tailgate. I am in no hurry. :lol::lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Get_Right wrote:
    :lol: me, too. Eventually they pass (probably shooting me the bird, and I wave and smile).
    EmBleve wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    :lol: me, too. Eventually they pass (probably shooting me the bird, and I wave and smile).
    EXACTLY! Kill em with kindness :lol::lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

stay in the right lane and we are cool. in the states it's cruise in the right lane, pass in the left lane. unfortantly, there are so many idiots that believe the left lane is the slow lane. get the fuck over before i pit you
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Get_Right wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    EXACTLY! Kill em with kindness :lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol: good times.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Long story short...

When I lived in Chicago 5-6 years ago, I was driving on I-90 some jackass in a BMW (or Mercedes...don't remember) who had been tailgaiting me (in the right lane) and was clearly upset and swerving all over the place.
    We get up to the toll (prior to the Ipass), the guy pulls up next to me and flicks his lit cigarette into my car!!! :o
    I was pissed!!! I really wanted to get out of the car and pound his face in, but he pulled up, paid and was on his way.
    He speeds off doing probably 100mph. About 5 miles down the road, everyone had to come to a stop. Wasn't sure what the deal was....most likely an accident as that's what people like to do on I-90! :lol:
    By the time I got up to the front, that same guy had slammed his car into the median and it flipped over. In doing so, he also slammed into 2 other cars.
    Not sure if the guy survived it or not, but his car was in pieces!
    Karma? ;):D
    When people tailgate me I tap the brake so the brake lights go on.
    I also stare into my rvm for a while, sometimes it works.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

stay in the right lane and we are cool. in the states it's cruise in the right lane, pass in the left lane. unfortantly, there are so many idiots that believe the left lane is the slow lane. get the fuck over before i pit you

Unfortunately there's another portion of idiots who think that the left lane is the 'fast' lane. It's the passing lane, stay out of it until you need to pass, then get back into whatever lane you were in.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    this one time when i was being tailgated i got so pissed off that i sped up and revved my engine and in doing so blew smoke into his windscreen, he got pissed and almost rammed me! that's the last time i'll retaliate though
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    A friendly tip for those of you who are tailgated in the future...

If you got some jackass tailgating you, try this (just don't do it going more than 45mph and with anyone behind him):
    Tap on the brakes just enough to turn the brake lights on, but not enough to slow down. As soon as you do this, pull your e-brake (with the button held in) for a split second and release/put it back to normal.

What happens is the guy behind you sees your lights go on, and the e-brake causes your back tires to lock for a second. To him he thinks your coming to a screeching halt, but you don't even lose more than 3-5 mph.
    He'll freak out like you wouldn't believe!!

I did that before and the guy behind me hit his breaks and was swerving all over the place! Good times! :D
    mca47 wrote:

If you got some jackass tailgating you, try this (just don't do it going more than 45mph and with anyone behind him):
    Tap on the brakes just enough to turn the brake lights on, but not enough to slow down. As soon as you do this, pull your e-brake (with the button held in) for a split second and release/put it back to normal.

What happens is the guy behind you sees your lights go on, and the e-brake causes your back tires to lock for a second. To him he thinks your coming to a screeching halt, but you don't even lose more than 3-5 mph.

I did that before and the guy behind me hit his breaks and was swerving all over the place! Good times! :D
    I dont fool around like that. I find taking my foot completely off the gas until the fucker backs off works just fine.
    If the guy needs to yell at me, I simply say, dude, "thats how people die."
    sandgroper wrote:
    this one time when i was being tailgated i got so pissed off that i sped up and revved my engine and in doing so blew smoke into his windscreen, he got pissed and almost rammed me! that's the last time i'll retaliate though

:D
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I was driving down the street yesterday. I honked my horn at someone who was nearby to say hello. There was a car in front of me and the woman driving must have thought I was honking at her.
    She pulled into a gas station and started screaming at me, giving me not one, but two middle fingers, yelling and screaming at the top of her lungs, "you motherfucker, you honk your horn at me? you fuck I will kick your fucking ass, get out of your car and I will kick you in your nuts", she was livid. The worst case of road rage I have ever seen. I could not believe it. Even if I leaned on my horn and blasted it in her ear, it was such an overreaction that it was comical. All I could do was put the window down and in between laughing, yell to her to get help cause she was fucking nuts! Ever have anything like this happen to you?
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    doing things to piss off someone who is already tailgating you makes no sense to me. yes they are being assholes but why do something to make an angry asshole even angrier. that just creates more problems. get out of their way and let the asshole move on. would you needle and provoke a nutjob in a bar who was acting angry and crazy? if not why would you do it in a car?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I don't trust turn signals. A lot of people don't know how to use them properly.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mca47 wrote:

Between this and your story on page 1, you're the last person I'd want to fuck with on the road. :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    :(
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    yea I'm sorry I can't stand anyone who drives slow, or basically like an idiot. People who slow down when they're merging, people who take their sweet old time turning onto streets, people who drive under the speed limit, people who don't know how to turn on red, people who drive on the right side of the road like they're drunk or something, people who don't signal, people who go slow in the fast lane, people who tailgate, (brake check time) people who pull out of their driveway slow when your coming only to drive slow in front of you, people who "yield" into traffic when there is no yielding needed because you have your own freakin lane, people who don't know how to go around other cars that are making a left turn into a side street off a main road, etc etc etc. I can go on and on

Whats funny is all the shit I listed above are ALWAYS from idiots who drive toyotas.
    mca47 wrote:

I always brake check douche bags in hondas or any other modded car when they tailgate me look for a race or something. Just because mine is modded too doesn't mean I'm an immature 17 yr old who wants to street race. Last time I brake checked, the kid (who looked older than me) was pissed so he pulled up beside me. I flipped him the bird and told him to fuck off. Take your crappy car somewhere else and race someone else. Go get a reckless driving ticket while you're at it.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:
    I was driving down the street yesterday. I honked my horn at someone who was nearby to say hello. There was a car in front of me and the woman driving must have thought I was honking at her.
    She pulled into a gas station and started screaming at me, giving me not one, but two middle fingers, yelling and screaming at the top of her lungs, "you motherfucker, you honk your horn at me? you fuck I will kick your fucking ass, get out of your car and I will kick you in your nuts", she was livid. The worst case of road rage I have ever seen. I could not believe it. Even if I leaned on my horn and blasted it in her ear, it was such an overreaction that it was comical. All I could do was put the window down and in between laughing, yell to her to get help cause she was fucking nuts! Ever have anything like this happen to you?

Yes, and I shit myself.
    I honked at my friend in the next lane then two drugged up looking guys were going insane at me and swerved their car at mine, I had to swerve to avoid being swiped.
    I then put the foot down on the pedal and luckily turned right into the other street as the traffic light was amber, just made it, the psychos were pursuing me.
    I then turned left into some side street and quickly drove into someones driveway.
    The fuckers went past, I waited a few moments then headed back to where I turned from and rushed home.
    The adrenalin and heart beat were quite high I tell you.
    Never honking at someone I know on the road again.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    pjhawks wrote:
    doing things to piss off someone who is already tailgating you makes no sense to me. yes they are being assholes but why do something to make an angry asshole even angrier. that just creates more problems. get out of their way and let the asshole move on. would you needle and provoke a nutjob in a bar who was acting angry and crazy? if not why would you do it in a car?
    because it's entertaining
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    when someone tailgates me, i take my foot off the gas just enough to show them that can go around me and then once they change lanes, i speed up close enough to the car in front me so they can't get in front of me....

this can go on for about 15 minutes before they realize i'm fucking with them :lol:
  • Get_Right wrote:
    Now THAT'S fun!
    I appreciate people
    getting out the way
    when I'm trying to pass
    (especially in the leftmost lane, tools!)
    However, if I'm in no rush,
    I love a leisurely drive
    down a leaf-strewn avenue,
    watching the nervous Purvis behind me
    slowly start to freak out.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.